Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

The Feudal States

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: The Feudal States

Post by Ramirez »

I've just tested it (used the debug console to set up a tournament, remove the turrets etc) and it works.

You don't need to complete your mission in order to compete.

[Although, having thought about it I should add a line in the script to clear any outstanding missions once a tournament is accepted, just to make sure the ships that are spawned don't behave as if they're in a mission.]
Last edited by Ramirez on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Ramirez - I found some time before lunch to get over to Tibecea. I'm now competing in the tournament :mrgreen: .

Thanks again CML, Fronclynne, and Ramirez for all the help (and thank you Ramirez for the excellent OXPs :D).
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
Crommy
Poor
Poor

Post by Crommy »

Hello, after jumping to G3 I was happy to get elevated as well as accepted into a new house (Edraisar).

Unfortunately, I could find a bug doing so :) and now I am "feudal_level2__he_rank de Edraisar".

I did not find Edraisar in "feudal-ranks.js" - neither in the "Feudal-states-1.pdf" what might point to the idea, that this planet should not be entitled to hand out promotions?

What will I have to do to correct the behavior? Thanks for any help.
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

That's strange, Edraisar doesn't have a feudal house and so I'm not sure how you managed to get your rank transferred there. Did you visit the planet surface or did a mission screen pop up when you docked at a space station? I assume you did actually visit Edraisar?

I can help edit your save file to change your home feudal house. If you open the save file in notepad or something and do a search for 'mission_feudal' and post the strings I should be able to see what's what.
Crommy
Poor
Poor

Post by Crommy »

Thanks Ramirez... here it comes:

[... cut ...]
mission_conhunt MISSION_COMPLETE mission_explorerClub_record [[],[87,72,19,29,102,20,78,118,196,241,233,127,116,134,62,216,187,73,95,122,94,149,124,24,6,101,239,88,99,14,66,126,67,39],[23,155,189,174,33,83,30,69,217,137,211,22,92,124,51,35,210,36,99,184,40],[],[],[],[],[]] mission_feudal_challenger NONE_SET mission_feudal_mission NONE_SET mission_feudal_mission_cargocount 0 mission_feudal_mission_home Edraisar mission_feudal_mission_home_galaxy 2 mission_feudal_mission_killcount 1 mission_feudal_mission_location Maceceve mission_feudal_planetinfo SET12 mission_feudal_player_credits 458400.4 mission_feudal_player_gender he mission_feudal_player_of de mission_feudal_player_rank feudal_level2__he_rank mission_feudal_player_rank_no 2 mission_feudal_player_title Sir mission_feudal_player_title_peer Lord mission_feudal_promotion_date 2085108:02:42:43 mission_feudal_score 55 mission_feudal_tournament_opponent_house Ansois mission_feudal_tournament_opponent_rank_no 2 mission_feudal_tournament_opponent_role Ansois-lord mission_flightCreditsMemory -16.8:-15.9:-506.5:-2770:223:3819.7:1471.2:164.6:-102.8:-8536.8 mission_flightCreditsStore 448135 mission_flightKillsMemory 0:0:0:0:0:256:0:4:0:0 mission_flightKillsStore 1673 mission_flightLogMemory 92:124:51:35:210:36:99:184:40:36 mission_genericUserColors [[[1,0.9,0.4,1],null],[[1,0.5,0,1],null],[[1,0,1,1],null],[[0.9,0.2,0.5,1],null],[[0.3,0.6,0.3,1],null],[[1,1,1,1],[1,0,0,1]],[[1,1,1,1],[0,1,0,1]],[[0.4,0.4,0.4,1],[0.6,0.9,1,1]],[[1,0.3,0.3,1],[0.3,1,0.3,1]],[[0.6,0,0,1],[1,0,0,1]],[[0,0.5,0.6,1],null],[[0.6,0.4,0.2,0.9],null],[[0.6,0,1,0.8],null],[[0.6,1,0.7,1],null],[[0,0.5,1,0.8],null],[[1,0,0,0.9],[0.9,0.3,0.9,1]],[[0.7,0.8,0,1],[0,0,1,1]],[[1,1,0,1],[0,1,1,1]],[[0,0,0.7,1],[0,1,0,1]],[[0,0,1,0.9],[1,0,0,1]]] mission_laveAcademy_bestDockingScore 0
[... cut ...]

Actually, for me it did happen by the book, just after I hyperdrived into G3 and visiting a few planets: Then planetfall at Edraisar, elevation and acceptance into the house. Anyhow, it might be all triggered by just changing into G3 - so it might got triggered by either the elevation or the "new galaxy".

Thanks for help and offering fixing. (Although I liked the feeling being member of a "lost house" ;) ).
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

I can't quite tell why you got a mission screen on Edraisar as there isn't a planetfall location defined for that, but maybe some strange combination of events led to it.

Anyhow, to fix your game, you can do a simple reset by setting 'mission_feudal_mission_home_galaxy' back to 1, and then visiting any of the royal courts - Ansois is nearby to Edraisar so you can try that. Go down to the planet and you should get the mission screen offering to join that house, after which your rank will get updated to match the new house. In fact that's probably the best way to do it rather than modifying the savegame much more, as it ensures all the scripts are run and the relevant variables get set properly.
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Ramirez - I returned to the tournament the last couple days. I'm currently doing "the chase", with the three opponents, which is hard enough, but I'm sure possible (although I'm not sure how that's supposed to be fair that the opponents start off within meters of the drone ;) ).

Anyway, I needed a break from attempting this part of the tournament, and realized after a jump or two that Oolite was using whopping 3.5 GB of RAM :!: Is this normal for the OXP, or is it possible something else is going on :?:
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

CommRLock78 wrote:
Anyway, I needed a break from attempting this part of the tournament, and realized after a jump or two that Oolite was using whopping 3.5 GB of RAM :!: Is this normal for the OXP, or is it possible something else is going on :?:
I've seen huge memory usage by Oolite, but pretty much only when I do multiple jumps in very rapid succession:
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11717

Having lots of modified and large ship/station/asteroid textures tended to make memory use worse.
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Switeck wrote:
CommRLock78 wrote:
I've seen huge memory usage by Oolite, but pretty much only when I do multiple jumps in very rapid succession:
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11717

Having lots of modified and large ship/station/asteroid textures tended to make memory use worse.
I need to keep an eye on usage while I play and see what happens. Seems to be really high from what I can tell, but then, I don't keep any kind of eye on resources while I'm playing - at least not typically :) .
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

CommRLock78 wrote:
Ramirez - I returned to the tournament the last couple days. I'm currently doing "the chase", with the three opponents, which is hard enough, but I'm sure possible (although I'm not sure how that's supposed to be fair that the opponents start off within meters of the drone ;) ).
Sorry, there was some discussion of this back in December/January (see posts here) and I'd worked out a fix but got sidetracked by turret stuff and forgot to including it in an update. I've got some other little tweaks that I hope to package up this weekend, but in the meantime here's what you can do.

Open up feudal-tournament.js and find the block of script that starts with 'if(missionVariables.feudal_tournament == "EVENT3_RUNNING")'. Modify the last three lines so they appear as below:

Code: Select all

if(missionVariables.feudal_tournament == "EVENT3_RUNNING")
		{
			if(player.ship.equipmentStatus("EQ_FUEL_INJECTION") == "EQUIPMENT_OK")
			{	player.ship.removeEquipment("EQ_FUEL_INJECTION")
				player.ship.awardEquipment("EQ_FS_INJECTION_PLACEHOLDER")
				player.consoleMessage("Fuel Injectors disabled")}
		system.legacy_addShipsWithinRadius("feudal-drone", 1, "wsm", [0, 122000, 0], 2000)
		system.addShips(expandDescription("[feudal_house_"+[galaxyNumber]+"]")+"-knight", 1, player.ship.position, 5000)
		system.addShips(expandDescription("[feudal_house_"+[galaxyNumber]+"]")+"-prince", 1, player.ship.position, 5000)
		system.addShips(expandDescription("[feudal_house_"+[galaxyNumber]+"]")+"-lord", 1, player.ship.position, 5000)
		}
Crommy
Poor
Poor

Post by Crommy »

Thanks Ramirez - your suggestion worked out fine. I'm now Freiherr von Erinain.
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Hi all, I've uipdated The Feudal States to v1.14 to include the following:

- changed the appearance of opponents in the Quartet event (as discussed above)
- added a one-month timeout to tournaments that the player never enters
- altered challenges so that you can only do 5 in one visit (could reduce this down further?)
- increased the miminum odds required to 0.5:1
- minor alterations to the challenge menu screens

No major changes to the odds calculations as yet as I still haven't been able to find a perfect mechanism. Work continues...
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Ramirez wrote:
Hi all, I've uipdated The Feudal States to v1.14 to include the following:

- changed the appearance of opponents in the Quartet event (as discussed above)
- added a one-month timeout to tournaments that the player never enters
- altered challenges so that you can only do 5 in one visit (could reduce this down further?)
- increased the miminum odds required to 0.5:1
- minor alterations to the challenge menu screens

No major changes to the odds calculations as yet as I still haven't been able to find a perfect mechanism. Work continues...
I'm glad I saw this - I will be updating as soon as I'm done posting. I finished the Quartet event after making the changes you suggested, although I had to play extremely dirty dirty to win :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . (I was about to give up).

I've got a question, if you fail an event, it appears that the tournaments end, so, does the opportunity to compete present itself again?

P.s.: Like Crommy I got my first promotion. I'm now Freiherr von Ededleen (I think I will add that to my sig., come to think of it ;))
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

I hate to come to you again with the very next event, but something isn't right. I go through the special jump station, and it says 'Jump Initiated', but then I'm still in the same system, right next to the hunting lodge :shock: .
Edit: Could this be related to the Caddy's issues with dockables ? (I'm not sure if the special gate qualifies as a dockable ;))
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

CommRLock78 wrote:
I finished the Quartet event after making the changes you suggested, although I had to play extremely dirty dirty to win :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . (I was about to give up).
I don't think there's any other way to win that even other than to play dirty!

Don't know what's wrong with the jumpgate - it's not a dockable thing so shouldn't be related to any docking issues of a particular ship. I haven't tried using the jumpgate for a while and so I don't know if the method has stopped working - it looks like it should still be OK. Will have a look once I get back to my mac.