HUD scripting example

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The only problem I can forsee is if you get multiple conditions concurrently that would trigger different HUDs. Depending on how things are coded then you could get some swapping between HUDs which would look a little odd.

It actually happens occasionally even with the fairly simple script I gave KW (e.g. if you're in combat and fire a missile at the target, if he untargets you to deal with it and he's the only hostile around, then the HUD switches as temporarily you have no hostiles about until he locks on again).

Plus on the cargo front, can we actually affect the scanner zoom setting by scripting?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Thargoid wrote:
The only problem I can forsee is if you get multiple conditions concurrently that would trigger different HUDs. Depending on how things are coded then you could get some swapping between HUDs which would look a little odd.
Yes, I already thought about that. For some thing like a scooping hud I would switch back to normal with a timer that every 5 seconds looks if there is still cargo targeted. That way you will always look for some time at the same hud and it will not keep switching on/off when targeting/untargeting pieces of cargo.
lfnfan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lfnfan »

saw KW's new HUD design on the Screenshots thread, and a bit of hunting brought me over here.

Cool. Way cool. Waywaywaywaywaywaywaywayayayayayayayyyyyy cool.

me want.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Wow, yeah, Somehow I missed this development, this is seriously cool stuff, KW 8)
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

your comments are much appreciated.