Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

PC Joystick (Sorry)

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

cmdr Uran
Poor
Poor

very Happy

Post by cmdr Uran »

I just want to say that I'm very happy with v. 1.73.4!
I downloaded and installed it after becoming Elite after a very Joyfull trip since last januari.
Version 1.73.4 works perfectly with my joystick especially the Roll/Pitch precision toggle wich failed in 1.72.2

I'm a very happy combateer that is capabable of making himself invisable :D

Compliments to all you great programmers who made my dream come true of resurrecting the computergame that was my favorite in the early eighties on a commodore64 computer
* * * ELITE * * *
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Logitech Rumblepad 2

Post by Screet »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Since I got ahold of an X52, yaw and pitch are on the stick, and roll is on the twist axis.
Hmmm...I've recently switched to a X52 Pro, but I've got some strange troubles:

1) I need to unplug it from USB and plug it back in if my machine was in S3 or suspend to disc - otherwise it's not working at all
2) Everytime I need to open the profile editor and load/apply the profile as otherwise it always "forgets" what it should do - and that programming software is a real PITA, it slows down the mouse and adds lag to it?!?

Is there some easy solution/workaround for that?

Screet
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Logitech Rumblepad 2

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Screet wrote:
Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Since I got ahold of an X52, yaw and pitch are on the stick, and roll is on the twist axis.
Hmmm...I've recently switched to a X52 Pro, but I've got some strange troubles:

1) I need to unplug it from USB and plug it back in if my machine was in S3 or suspend to disc - otherwise it's not working at all
2) Everytime I need to open the profile editor and load/apply the profile as otherwise it always "forgets" what it should do - and that programming software is a real PITA, it slows down the mouse and adds lag to it?!?

Is there some easy solution/workaround for that?

Screet
Two suggestions -

The drivers and software that came on the CD with it may be the older, buggy versions that may not be vista/7 compatible. That was true with me. Best bet is to check Saitek's website for the latest versions. I'm sure they have vista/7 ready versions by now.

The X52 tends to be a little power hungry, and in some cases the stock USB ports can't send enough power to it, which causes odd behavior. That's true in my case, and connecting the stick to a powered external USB hub resolved the problem.

Another thing I can tell you is to always plug it into the same port every time; for some reason the driver refuses to load if the stick is connected to another port. Go figure that one. :?

Good luck.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
bigmike20vt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by bigmike20vt »

hi

i am using the xbox 360 wired conrtrol pad and i am struggling with a lot of drift....

am looking for a 3rd party driver to allow me to alter the dead spot but no joy, just wondering if a calibration oiption in oolite is feasable?

thanks

unsing windows 7.
Fiat Coupe, helping motorists break the speed limit since 1993.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

bigmike20vt wrote:
hi

i am using the xbox 360 wired conrtrol pad and i am struggling with a lot of drift....

am looking for a 3rd party driver to allow me to alter the dead spot but no joy, just wondering if a calibration oiption in oolite is feasable?

thanks

unsing windows 7.
You ran into the center drift issue that happens with some controllers. Almost as annoying as a Trumble loose in your fridge, isn't it?
Unfortunately, this issue has been around since...forever. And there's no sign of it going away soon. The best workarounds I can give you is 1) try another controller, or 2) assign the precision mode to a controller button, and use precision mode to fly a straight course.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
allikat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by allikat »

I had the drift problem too... Fortunately, logitech's control software let me set a larger dead zone, and turn down the sensitivity a bit, which fixed it for me.

For the other users out there, try ppjoy? http://ppjoy.softwareandgames.com/ is where google pointed me... it says it'll help, and certainly numerous users on the mechwarrior4 site say it helps.
Commander Monty, a Python Class Cruiser driver :D
Iron assed bulk haulers for the win!

Of the two trumbles which escaped today from Lave station, only 473 have been located....