Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

MuTech Silver Dagger.

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

lex_talionis
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lex_talionis »

There can never be too much alcohol.

Unless it's 3 glasses of red wine, two big bottles of Old Speckled Hen, washed down with ahalf a litre of Jack Daniels. Don't do it, peoples! Like me, you will forget talking to people, phoning people, texting people, and how someone got into your en suite to find you throwing up.

Not a good night.

Anyways, I'm going to be away for a couple of days, when I get back I have to pack up all my stuff to move out of halls and back to Inverness, so I guess I'll get to work texturing on... Tuesday. In the mean time, can someone explain what all this stuff about shaders and layers and whatnot - last time I was here it was basic one-layer textures that were just stuck on. Or if you don't feel like explaining it, can you post a "link for idtios™" that I can understand?

Cheers guys. See you in a few days!
edible poet? onna stick?
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

I started a Shaders' Outpost or somesuch called sticky-thread that is supposed to work out like just such a thread.

(I may add link to the above posts...or not they are not that usefull, more confusing.)

Examples of shaders in action (v1.68 upwards) are the python cruiser by Giles and freaky Thargoids, though the latter may not be available for download, there is a movie on U-tube featuring these.
Search for shaders and oolite and Giles.
Last edited by Arexack_Heretic on Thu May 31, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riding the Rocket!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Freaky Thargoids is right here.
lex_talionis
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lex_talionis »

Ssup fellas - sorry I've not posted any updates on these ships lately, RL seems to be taking over. Hopefully I'll get a nice bash at them soon.
edible poet? onna stick?
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

And shaders have taken flight in Griff's hands!

My RL may be re-claiming me soon as well. :sad:
Riding the Rocket!