Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Your Ad Here Constore Mod?

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Your Ad Here Constore Mod?

Post by spara »

It's a hard call. The sign and message add some ConStore flavour. Just like in every RL ConStore there's a door that says "Personnel only" or something like that :) . I know it's a bit of a hack to just put a mission screen on top of the shipyard, but is there something that I'm missing? Don't want to break anything.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I like the sign :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

spara wrote:
Market limiter in action. Crazy prices, but limitedly exploitable
Precious metals and gems seem more exploitable than before, though; 26 units of gold, platinum and gems for sale, all at rock-bottom prices (between C*15 and C*28 per unit lower than average) ... that's just free money, even if they're sold cheap in the main station. 26 units of anything for sale, very cheap, is too much, I think. Even though the bonanza prices for food and textiles are limited by stock levels, who cares? I'm buying up 26 units of gold, platinum and gems, plus 26TC of Computers, and topping off with 9TC of firearms, and heading for the Coriolis. I'm all for the occasional jackpot, especially on sale prices for some less common items, but this is a bit OTT.
mossfoot
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mossfoot »

The sign is nice (though I like using it for gas). Hopefully he can add the shipselling screen that only sells station sidewinder at some point ;)
--
Pilot: Mossfoot - Ship ID: Viaticus Rex (Cobra MKII)

http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Disembodied wrote:
spara wrote:
Market limiter in action. Crazy prices, but limitedly exploitable
Precious metals and gems seem more exploitable than before, though; 26 units of gold, platinum and gems for sale, all at rock-bottom prices (between C*15 and C*28 per unit lower than average) ... that's just free money, even if they're sold cheap in the main station. 26 units of anything for sale, very cheap, is too much, I think. Even though the bonanza prices for food and textiles are limited by stock levels, who cares? I'm buying up 26 units of gold, platinum and gems, plus 26TC of Computers, and topping off with 9TC of firearms, and heading for the Coriolis. I'm all for the occasional jackpot, especially on sale prices for some less common items, but this is a bit OTT.
Fair points. That market is from the original YAH commodities.plist and via a script I have added the quantity of those commodities that would yield profit over 1000 credits when importing from the main station and likewise lowered the quantity of those commodities that would make over 1000 profit when sold at the main station. The market in the image is from a second constore with a fresh Jameson, so it's a very lucky draw. Nevertheless, the net profit when you add it all up is too high. I'll bring the profit threshold down to 500 and see how it looks. I'll try to avoid replacing the commodities.plist as I think it's faultiness is part of the feel of this OXP.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I cut the limiter down to 100 credits (previous one was 1000) and the result looks much better. This is the same lucky roll of the market dice.

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

If you get this to a suitable state for full release, I'm fine for you to get Cim to transfer the manifest from me to you.

Currently the main OXZ and its add-ons are all stored on the wiki, so are directly available for update without anything needing to be done.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Now I have done all the ad-packs too. This will be the release version, unless bugs are found of course. Some testing would be nice, so I'll post it up here first and put it into the manager later. I'll be away from my computer for a few days, so that will happen earliest the next weekend.

Download here: https://app.box.com/s/ocr13emipm0rk4hrkfxu
Includes the main oxp and all the ad-packs + fueling enabler. Enable the enabler by taking "_" out of it's folder name. Size ~30 MBs. Don't worry, I'll chop it to peaces when it goes to the manager.
Thargoid wrote:
If you get this to a suitable state for full release, I'm fine for you to get Cim to transfer the manifest from me to you.

Currently the main OXZ and its add-ons are all stored on the wiki, so are directly available for update without anything needing to be done.
Ok. I'll take the main oxp and the ad-packs leaving you your tweaks. I've tested them and they work fine with the new version.