Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Release] RandomHits 1.7.1

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Re: [WIP] RandomHits 1.5.1 (was facelift)

Post by LittleBear »

spara wrote:
So there will be a close to the original experience with upgraded graphics. This means that I'll drop Chopped Cobra and Cobra Mark IV now that we have reduxed versions of Phaze and SuperCobra. For those who want extra challenge there will be a option to enable Skilled NPCs and another option to enable side pulse lasers.

And I thought I was done with this :lol:.
Be nice to leave em in the pool of ships as you've done the work of adding to the code. Always nice to have more variety amongst victims and the Chopped Cobra and Cobra Mark IV are nice ships in their own right and worthy level 2 - 3 marks. What about adding the revamped Super Cobra and Phaze back to the level 3 pool but leaving the Chopped Cobra and Mark IV in as well? Don't mind though. Its your baby now. :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] RandomHits 1.5.1 (was facelift)

Post by spara »

LittleBear wrote:
Be nice to leave em in the pool of ships as you've done the work of adding to the code. Always nice to have more variety amongst victims and the Chopped Cobra and Cobra Mark IV are nice ships in their own right and worthy level 2 - 3 marks. What about adding the revamped Super Cobra and Phaze back to the level 3 pool but leaving the Chopped Cobra and Mark IV in as well? Don't mind though. Its your baby now. :wink:
So be it then :). I'll leave my additions in, finish my extras (Skilled NPCs integration & side lasers addition) and try to get a new version out somewhere in the near future.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] RandomHits 1.5.2

Post by spara »

New version (1.5.2). My holiday's nearly over so I had to push this monster out :D. There shouldn't be any game stopping bugs, but who knows. I ditched the side laser idea, as I'm not that fond of them (read: can't hit anything but asteroids with them :)).

Now it has about everything I planned. Special thanks to Smivs and CaptSolo for reduxing Purple Haze and SuperCobra.

There are a couple of noticeable glitches, but I really can't do much about them. One is Iguana's gun entities and one is Bushmaster's other exhaust that is inside out. If Staer9 comes back and fixes them I'll be sure to update this oxp also. Glitches should not affect game play in any way.

Here's a short list of things I have done. I have deleted the specifics about added ships to give you something to find out yourself.

* Upped Oolite version requirement to 1.77.
* Fixed like_ship definitions of anaconda, pod3 and qbomb.
* Changed all ships' display_name style to look like Random Shipnames oxp's style.
* All ships have been either updated to a newer higher detail model or substituted with a newer high detail ship with about the same specs. A few new ships have been added to the mix to bring more variety. Models, materials, shaders and textures are from Adck, Captain Beatnik, CaptSolo, Dr. Nil, Griff, KillerWolf, Paradox, Shipbuilder, Simon B, Smivs and Staer9.
* Added support for Skilled NPCs oxp. Support is added with a shipdata-overrides file so it can be disabled by removing the file.
* Added support for Station Validator oxp.
Mauiby de Fug wrote:
...I find that some of the older ones don't quite match up, which is a shame...
Which oxps are you talking about? Maybe something could be done about them. :wink:
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

. One is Iguana's gun entities and one is Bushmaster's other exhaust that is inside ou
You could use the ones from my oldships2010 oxp? If you want that is. :wink:
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Thanks for the suggestion pagroove, but I managed to fix the Staer9 version.

To fix this glitch:
* open shipdata.plist and find random_hits_patrol_iguana
* change subentities like this:

Code: Select all

"subentities" = (
	"rh_staer9_cat_left_gun	7.0 0.0 0.0	1 0 0 0",
	"rh_staer9_cat_right_gun	-7.0 0.0 0.0 	1 0 0 0"
);
I'll include the fix to the next (and hopefully final) version of this oxp.
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

I think there may be a few other bugs:

in shipdata I think there should be an 'rh_' in the diffuse map string:

"CRapier_wings.png" =
{
diffuse_map = "CRapier_wings.png";
specular_map = { name = "rh_crapier_wings.png";};
emission_map = { name = "rh_crapier-glows.png"; extract_channel = "g";};
emission_modulate_color = (0.9926, 0.9686, 0.7325);
};

"CRapier.png" =
{
diffuse_map = "CRapier.png";
specular_map = { name = "rh_crapier.png";};
emission_map = { name = "rh_crapier-glows.png"; extract_channel = "r";};
emission_modulate_color = (0.9926, 0.9686, 0.7325);
};
"CCutlass_wings.png" =
{
diffuse_map = "CCutlass_wings.png";
specular_map = { name = "rh_ccutlass_wings.png";};
emission_map = { name = "rh_crapier-glows.png"; extract_channel = "g";};
emission_modulate_color = (1.0, 0.0, 0.0);
};

and in descriptions I think some [ ] are missing:

"random_hits_revenge_warning3" = (
"the mission_random_hits_revenge_mark_second_name [revenge-fighting4]",
"the [random_hits_revenge_warning3a] of mission_random_hits_revenge_mark_first_name mission_random_hits_revenge_mark_second_name"
);
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

DGill wrote:
I think there may be a few other bugs:
Thanks. Great spots :D. I thought I fixed all those diffuse_map namings, but apparently not :oops: . They should also be lower cased. Will be fixed in the next version as will the missing brackets too.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Fiddled with the docking fx from the new BGS using graphics from the dock texture of Space Bar. Amazing results with such a low resolution texture. The new BGS is very impressive.

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

spara wrote:
Fiddled with the docking fx from the new BGS using graphics from the dock texture of Space Bar. Amazing results with such a low resolution texture.
It shows the quality of the texture, I'd say. Imagine how this would look with a higher resolution map and a light bump-map baked in...
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Svengali wrote:
spara wrote:
It shows the quality of the texture, I'd say. Imagine how this would look with a higher resolution map and a light bump-map baked in...
Oh yes. The original dock texture is only 256x256 pixels. Have to try to do a higher detail texture sometime. Wish I was better artist :lol:.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I put all my texturing skillz 8) in use and here's the docking corridor of a space bar.
This will be in the release version of the oxp that will hopefully be on-line by the end of the week.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Good one, spara.-)
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] RandomHits 1.5.3

Post by spara »

Thank you all for comments and reports. The monster is now out :D :D :D .

Final fixes and additions:
* A bunch of texture naming fixes.
* Added a tunnel texture for Space Bar to be used with BGS oxp. Texture by Spara.
* Rock texture of Space Bar and surroundings has been updated to a higher detail texture, normal map is added and custom shader is defined. Texture, normal map and shader are from Griff's All-in-1 Shipset.

@LittleBear: Now it's finished. Could you please add it to the RH page of the wiki? It might be a good idea to put in a warning of the size and shader requirements of the upgraded oxp.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

spara wrote:
@LittleBear: Now it's finished. Could you please add it to the RH page of the wiki? It might be a good idea to put in a warning of the size and shader requirements of the upgraded oxp.
LittleBear doesn't need to add it to the wiki, any of us wiki-editors can. Anyway I thought LB had hinted that you, Spara, should now be the maintainer of the OXP?
LittleBear wrote:
Its your baby now. :wink:
I think that the wiki page should retain the download link of the last version of RH v1.4.18 before the v1.5 upgrades.

I noticed that v1.5.3 doesn't have the Spoilers textfile? Is that right?
Last edited by JazHaz on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

JazHaz wrote:
spara wrote:
LittleBear doesn't need to add it to the wiki, any of us wiki-editors can. Anyway I thought LB had said that you, Spara, should now be the maintainer of the OXP?
LittleBear wrote:
Its your baby now. :wink:
So be it then :). I was trying to avoid the responsibility.
JazHaz wrote:
I think that the wiki page should retain the download link of the last version of RH v1.4.18 before the v1.5 upgrades.
Most definitely, yes. The upgrade demands a higher end computer.
JazHaz wrote:
I noticed that v1.5.3 doesn't have the Spoilers textfile? Is that right?
I forgot that :oops: . Now it's included, although I have not updated the textfile.