Teaser

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Spontaneous reaction?

*slobber* want!
58%
That looks pointless.
5%
Oooh, check out those anisotropic mipmapped textures. Why can’t he spend the time adding that to Oolite?
26%
Who you calling a tool, foo?
11%

Total votes: 19

Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

Oh yes! But I have only just downloaded it... ..I'm building a new ship to be called the Harvester - loosely based on the 'Asteroid Miner' from EVNova - specifically designed for breaking up asteroids and mining the fragments.

I wanted to see how it might look when finished.

Thanks Ahruman, I've used SubEtha to edit it as suggested.
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...
milinks
Deadly
Deadly

Hope im not repeating something already mentioned

Post by milinks »

I was full of anticipation for this, until i realised that it was only available for MAC, unless i AM so stupid that i havent found the window version. I have been tinkering with textures on windows, and looked for a similar application as this, and found UV Mapper Pro from www.uvmapper.com

The demo version (free to download) of pro gives the same features as this, allowing you to preview your textures / model in realtime loading .obj and texture files seperately. Hope Im not repeating something which has already been stated, jst thought i'd mention it if it was of any benefit to windows users.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Making a version of Dry Dock for Windows would be a significant effort, even if it could be done using GNUStep. At the moment, I have no interest in doing so.

On a happier note, BerliOS.de has approved Dry Dock and I’ll be uploading source, moving the web page and releasing version 0.05 in the next few days. This will have full Undo support, more robust OBJ reading and a new error-reporting interface.
winston
Pirate
Pirate

Post by winston »

Dry Dock would probably simply be not possible on Windows if it's dependent on AppKit. For a start, Windows AppKit's OpenGL support simply doesn't exist. There's a possibility that Dry Dock is portable to Linux if the nib files can be converted for GNUstep's AppKit.