Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

"The Adventures of Captain Morgan" Or "Damn That Mossfoot"

Writings and chronicles of the OOniverse.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Neelix
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: "The Adventures of Captain Morgan" Or "Damn That Mossfoo

Post by Neelix »

Same here. The text not wrapping issue also shows up on the Atom feed. (Viewed through my online feed reader, again in Firefox on Linux)

Methinks you need a new background though... ;) It seems odd to make Terra the focal point when she rarely gets any screen time. Perhaps a collage of the characters... or a group shot of the family together on Lave? Just a thought... :-)

- Neelix
Talaxian Enterprises: [wiki]Vacuum Pump[/wiki] [wiki]Waypoint Here[/wiki]
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Paradox wrote:
I have set up a test blog at http://captainmorganandspitfire.blogspot.com/. Please let me know if everyone can access this, and are able to comment etc... Thank you all for your patience and help!
Seems to work ok except for the word-wrap.. I have to scroll several kilometres sideways to read each line.. (Firefox on Linux)
<SOB> In Chrome/Windows it wraps, but it also cuts words in half. I didn't even notice that until you guys said something... I have looked at all the blog options, and can't see anything there... I guess I look for an html tag for word wrap next? I dunno... Thanks for the info though!
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Ranthe wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
Paradox wrote:
I have set up a test blog at http://captainmorganandspitfire.blogspot.com/. Please let me know if everyone can access this, and are able to comment etc... Thank you all for your patience and help!
Seems to work ok except for the word-wrap.. I have to scroll several kilometres sideways to read each line.. (Firefox on Linux)
I found the same as Dizzy (Firefox on Windows Vista).
Noted Ranthe, thanks! Looking for a fix today...
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Neelix wrote:
Same here. The text not wrapping issue also shows up on the Atom feed. (Viewed through my online feed reader, again in Firefox on Linux)

Methinks you need a new background though... ;) It seems odd to make Terra the focal point when she rarely gets any screen time. Perhaps a collage of the characters... or a group shot of the family together on Lave? Just a thought... :-)

- Neelix
Okay Neelix. And yes, needs a new background. I was just throwing things in there to see how it worked and looked. I have a bunch of Spitfire renders to finish and use, if I can get the other issue sorted out. };]
Malacandra
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Malacandra »

A tad surprising to see this sex'n'shopping romp disappear off-board between the time it took me to clear off on holiday and find out I actually could get wifi after all... :shock:
"Sidewinder Precision Pro" and other Oolite fiction is now available for Amazon Kindle at a bargain price.

Sidewinder Precision Pro ||Claymore Mine ||The Russian Creed ||One Jump Ahead

All titles also available in paperback.
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Malacandra wrote:
A tad surprising to see this sex'n'shopping romp disappear off-board between the time it took me to clear off on holiday and find out I actually could get wifi after all... :shock:
};] Well, we had talked about what to do if we wanted to spice things up a bit. Now is as good a time as any to make that move. Yah-Ta-Hey was right (in some ways...) My story was no longer appropriate for this board.
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

http://captainmorganandspitfire.blogspot.com/

I think the word wrap issue is sorted out... I just downloaded Firefox, and it tested fine with it, as well as Chrome now. I refuse to install Internet Explorer, so let's just hope.

As soon as I get an " all clear" from one of you non-windows firefox users, I will wipe the blog, and begin posting the entire story from start to present. As well as work on some new pictures to use. (Spitfire is dying to model some of her outfits! };]

P.S. Don't use Open Office to cut and paste to your blog. I had to open the story in Notepad++, and then copy and paste it to the blog. };]
Neelix
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Neelix »

Looks good, on both the site, and in the feed. :-)

- Neelix
Talaxian Enterprises: [wiki]Vacuum Pump[/wiki] [wiki]Waypoint Here[/wiki]
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Paradox wrote:
I like the blog layout but why move off-forums?
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Neelix wrote:
Looks good, on both the site, and in the feed. :-)

- Neelix
EXCELLENT! Okay, thanks Neelix. I will begin work to fix it up right! };]Thank you!
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Zireael wrote:
Paradox wrote:
I like the blog layout but why move off-forums?
Well Zireael, as Yah-Ta-Hey pointed out, my story was getting a little risque, and he was worried about the younger readers. I like what I am writing now, and don't wish to change. This was the only option left available to me. I'm not going anywhere, and I will update and post a link right here, whenever I post a new chapter. So, other than the fact I am now behind a "mature content" warning, nothing is really changing much. Plus, I can now have a really cool layout and pictures. };]
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Comments appear to be working, i just posted 1 for testing purposes as anonymous.

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Comments appear to be working, i just posted 1 for testing purposes as anonymous.
Thanks Lone_Wolf! I just saw it. Too cool! I think this is gonna work out fine now! Still no "thumbs up" button but oh well. };]
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Okay, I just wiped the blog, and uploaded all chapters in order, up to the last one I finished, 41. It's a little awkward, if you try to read them all from the beginning, but I found that if you use the archive links at the bottom, it works pretty good. I love being able to insert pictures into the chapters as well now too. I did it with Morgans Letter to his dad (chapter 15). I hope to do that more often!

I also have it cut down to 2 chapters per page, as some of them are a bit long. Should I reduce that to one per page? Maybe for those of you on mobile devices? Let me know what you think.

Next chapter is 1/2 of the way done. It's been slow with all this, sorry.

Thanks again for hanging with me while I set this up. It means a lot to me!
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Just a quick note, I found a thumbs up and down option! Kinda... At the bottom of each post, there is a "Reaction" scale, you can choose rate each chapter from 1-5! Please try it. I think this can really be a useful tool for me!