** Urgent GalCop Broadcast to all pilots **

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ** Urgent GalCop Broadcast to all pilots **

Post by Commander McLane »

No need to apologize, SandJ. You've done nothing wrong. I also think that it's meaningful to keep the conversation about a specific topic to as few threads as possible. I was just playfully teasing Kaks for replying to a post of mine which I had all but forgotten. :D
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Plus the Swarming Thargoids OXP I'm currently working on is using an AI similar to (and based on) the "evil" one I wrote for KW for this OXP. So it's actually timely, or even prescient ;)
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Mind you, it's not the first time it's taken me years to reply to some posts! :lol:
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

This .OXP when zipped up contains a couple of 'Thumbs.db' files which can be removed.

Am I right in thinking the following code (from [size=120]\Scripts\nestscript.js[/size]) results in only one defender being launched when the nest is attacked, because it only fires when the alert condition becomes red?

Code: Select all

this.alertConditionChanged = function(newCondition, oldCondition)
    {
    if(newCondition == 3)
        { // Red alert.
        if (!this.launchDefenseShipTimer && this.ship.dockedDefenders > 0)
            {
            this.launchDefenseShipTimer = new Timer(this, this.launchShips, 0, 5);  // Every five seconds, starting immediately
            }
        }
    else
        { // Not red alert.
        this.stopTimer();
        }
    }
I only see one defender emerge, anyway.

(I can never find this thread because I search for wasps.oxp and that text string did not appear within it.)
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Not quite - when the station first goes on red alert it launches a defender and starts a timer. That timer will launch another defender every 5s whilst the station stays on red alert (and whilst there are some defenders left to launch).

However if you leave the station alone, it will drop down from red alert and then the timer is stopped, hence no more defenders get launched.

I suspect you shot the station and then left it alone to concentrate on the defender, hence the station dropped out of red alert and stopped launching. Either that or things got delayed in the launch queue, but that's beyond OXP control.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Shouldn't damaging the defender (station defense ship?) cause the station to remain in red alert status?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Yes it should, as the defender is in the same ship group as the station.

But if the defender is killed quickly and the station not attacked further, it will drop in alert level through the AI.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

In the liners thread there is a post showing a liner that is not centred.

I see the same problem exists with the wasp nest; it is centred on the entrance to the docking port.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.