Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Dodo Stations OXP by Griff & CaptKev

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

After downloading your beta this is what i have. Obviously the Mayan & imperial are the same. Coming along nicely though. :wink:

Also is there a matching Coriolis Station, as there only seems to be a Dodec' & Ico Station. Would be nice to have 3 matching sets. Currently i've edited the shipdata.plist in the non beta oxp to overwrite the 3 default stations with your plain, mayan & imperial Dodecs. Looks nice so far. :wink:

I've seen Griffs gorgeous looking stations but didn't like the knobbly bits sticking out of the station. Yeah i'm just fussy! :wink:
Last edited by NorthenderPNE on Fri May 21, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

oof, that coriolis does look weird indeed, wonder what's going on there? where does that ico station come from? it looks like it's got the ATI TexCoord[0] missing texture bug in it.

OK, i think the proper thing to do here with the capt kev oxp is to move it over to using materials rather than custom shaders, all this oddness is because i've tried to hack the normalmap shader i've been using for my shipset into a no normal map shader and it doesn't seem to have worked out that great.
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

You're allowed to make the odd mistake Griff! But not too many..... :wink:
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Did we work out whether or not there is an Ico station in the OXP?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

They all seem to be one station type, albeit different themes. Would be nice to have all 3 stations. :wink:
Yrol_Denjeah
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Yrol_Denjeah »

Hence the name "Dodo Stations OXP by Griff & CaptKev" ;)

Although i miss the Griff-station.
How would one dock at a Griff anyways? ;P
Via the Beak?
(in a cutely insane, electronic, stuttering female voice)
Are you Afraid? What is it you Fear?
The End of your Trivial Existence? Ha!
When the History of my Glory is written,
your Species shall only be a Footnote
to my Magnificence.
I am SHODAN.
CaptKev
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptKev »

Here's a new version of the Dodo station that works with 1.74, but I don't know if it will still work with 1.73.

http://www.msdownload.co.uk/Oolite/dodo_stations.zip
Download Fighter HUD, Stingray and System Redux from the EliteWiki
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

The Ico' station is still textureless as in my previous screenies. I'm running Trunk 174.3407. :wink:
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

NorthenderPNE wrote:
The Ico' station is still textureless as in my previous screenies. I'm running Trunk 174.3407. :wink:
Ico? But you said a few posts up that it was not in there??
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Ico? But you said a few posts up that it was not in there??
Sorry for the confusion, but i've had both versions, captkev_dodo.oxp and the other i think is griffs dodo_stations.oxp. Maybe i've confused myself as i've edited mine by possibly removing the ico because the textures weren't working. :?

Or maybe in one of the oxp's it wasn't there, i can't remember. Sorry Jazhaz, it's there now in the latest link provided by CaptKev but the textures aren't working as they are in the dodec's, well apart from the docking bay.

:wink:
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

With the latest version by CaptKev of four posts above, both the Dodo and Ico stations have the same problem in 1.74.
It's the docking slot that's not working (and the Ico looks very dark, even though the sun is behind it).

Got these errors:

Code: Select all

[files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "dodo_normal.png".
  [files.notFound]: GLSL ERROR: failed to find fragment program dodo_ico_station_baydoor_flashers.vertex.
[shader.load.fullModeFailed]: ----- WARNING: Could not build shader dodo_ico_station_baydoor_flashers.vertex/dodo_ico_station_baydoor_flashers.fragment in full complexity mode, trying simple mode.
  [files.notFound]: GLSL ERROR: failed to find fragment program dodo_ico_station_baydoor_flashers.vertex.
[shader.load.failed]: ***** ERROR: Could not build shader dodo_ico_station_baydoor_flashers.vertex/dodo_ico_station_baydoor_flashers.fragment.
Thumbnails:

Image Image

Same problems in 1.73.4.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

i've grabbed Capt Kev's newer download above and it does indeed have the Ico in it, i think the best way forward now is to work on this version of the oxp to get it working and try and delete all the other broken 'griff' ones wherever they may be hiding in my box net account.

What i'll try to do is to take out the custom shaders in the oxp and use Oolites Materials instead (which i'll attempt over the weekend) - all the glow effects etc will still be supported and in fact, available for no-shader oolite players too!! (um, can't remember if this is in the current test version of oolite 1.73, or the trunk one still in development)

I'll also sort out the PAGroove_Stations oxp too

Here's a post by Ahruman in his 'Progress' thread detailing some of the upcoming Materials goodness
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t= ... &start=629
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Griff wrote:
available for no-shader oolite players too!! (um, can't remember if this is in the current test version of oolite 1.73, or the trunk one still in development)
Trunk! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)