Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

How to make the big leap out of the Cobra mkIII?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

snork wrote:
Zbond-Zbond wrote:
This one is more extensive
It is still nice to have a table there to easily compare all ships' most crucial data, price aside.
Unfortunately that table has a lot of missing ships. Especially more recent ones.

I wasn't aware of this table so when I've created ship data pages on the wiki I've not added the ships to it. Probably other people have missed it out too.

It seems to me that there may be a way of linking the ship data tables on individual ship pages into a table, however I don't exactly know how the templates and categories' mechanisms work.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
brokencircle19
Average
Average

Post by brokencircle19 »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Zbond-Zbond wrote:
brokencircle19 wrote:
..plan on a new commander
sounds good! But don't throw the earlier BlackMonks' victim away. Keep file, build Commander up bit-by-bit and later on extract horrible revenge (however you do that to a Monk of Mammon). :evil:
There are a couple of items in the Killit OXP that would probably do nicely.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well then... thanks for this... :twisted:
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

JazHaz wrote:
Unfortunately that table has a lot of missing ships. Especially more recent ones.
Yupp. Another reason could be that if a new oxp is done the author has to frickle around with too much different pages.
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Svengali wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
Yupp. Another reason could be that if a new oxp is done the author has to frickle around with too much different pages.
Totally agree !
I hadn't even seen this page.
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

Well, it isn't linked to other than from OXP#Ship_Systems.

But if it is mainly intended for use with Realistic Shipyards, then maybe that is OK. Would ven be better if RS had it's own page that would also link to the table.
But I don't know, maybe that is touching old wounds - I do not mean to do that. Then sorry. :?

JazHaz - if you feel like wiki editing : would you like to create a redirect page - plist -> property list ?
It is crucial knowledge inside that page for interested users, but I really had difficulty finding it, even a fulltext search for plist will (can) not list property list in it's top results.
I originally only found it by reading the category:Oolite scripting page.

ps - would this better be cut from this topic ? (by moderator, I mean)
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

snork wrote:
JazHaz - if you feel like wiki editing : would you like to create a redirect page - plist -> property list ?
It is crucial knowledge inside that page for interested users, but I really had difficulty finding it, even a fulltext search for plist will (can) not list property list in it's top results.
I originally only found it by reading the category:Oolite scripting page.
Done. Click on this link to see the redirect in action.: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Plist
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

snork wrote:
But if it is mainly intended for use with Realistic Shipyards, then maybe that is OK. Would ven be better if RS had it's own page that would also link to the table. But I don't know, maybe that is touching old wounds - I do not mean to do that. Then sorry. :?
No it isn't. As said, there will be a new RS oxp with a new repricing formula - and if someone feels to make a new table out of that when I finish it, be my guest.

The old table might still be interesting as it lists unmodified stats of many older ships correctly.