Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Hunters Lodge. Feels like I cheated. (N00bie warning)

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

allikat wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
allikat wrote:
I certainly will be at some point, as soon as I get off my fat backside and send the author the custom paint job for my neo-PCC (in full galcop naval reserve colours btw, so watch it :p )
Just hope your personality doesn't follow your behaviour of launching from the station and crashing into the nav buoy! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
:lol:
Not too often I hope..
For the personalities this behaviour is prevented.

Unless you ask for it specifically, that is... 8)
sectoid
Above Average
Above Average

Post by sectoid »

Ramirez wrote:
OK, I've had another look at the odds calculations and I've removed the player's score from the equation, as the potential range is too great to be of use. I've retained the information about the player's ship (energy and speed) and I've kept some scores for the opponents, as this adds some background flavour and also lets me randomise the odds slightly from one challenger to another. On this basis, a pilot in a Cobra Mk 3 would get odds of around 1-1 against a Jaeger, 4-1 against a Korvette and around 7-1 against a high-scoring Zerstoerer. I'm open to suggestions on whether this is still too much - I thought it would be a bit boring to have all the odds hovering around evens.
Ever had that brainstorm and lowered The maximum bet to 10.000 instead of 100.000 ? :)

Thanks man.
- - end of transmission - -

'Mors Certa, Vita Incerta'
sectoid
Above Average
Above Average

Post by sectoid »

snork wrote:
The Boa Mk1 reminds me a little of the Moray boats situation - no real reason to buy them (but personal pref. maybe) when you can get a Cobra3 for almost the same money.

Ambiens.. :)
- - end of transmission - -

'Mors Certa, Vita Incerta'