Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

JazHaz wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
I like the new Doctor Who very much (with possibly exception of the strange jittery thought process camera thing that happened a couple of times). It/He is quirky in a way I like!
Just finished watching Dr Who Confidential... and that jittery thought process thing was explained as the way the Doctor notices things.

What a great episode! Love the new TARDIS too, very Victorian Steampunk-esque.

Confidential showed Matt Smith being shown around the new set, which is much bigger than previously. There are stairs on opposite walls, probably going to other rooms in the TARDIS, apparently if you go up one you appear at the top of the other stairs! I've always wanted to see the other locations in the TARDIS, which was hinted at in this episode (library and swimming pool) and also previously (I remember the 6th Doctor in a walk in wardrobe type of room.

Quite a few hints as to whats to come, saw a couple of glimpses of River Song (the Doctor's future wife). Also I love the Daleks makeover, in camouflage paint (and a little Union flag under the eyestalk!).

I thought that David Tennant was a hard act to follow, but on the evidence of this one episode, I think Matt Smith has exceeded my expectations!
Couldn't watch Confidential as the 8yr old wants to watch the latest Lloyd-Webber tosh - but will catch it on iPlayer later.

I've been going "nah-na-na-na-na-nah" via PMs to all my friends on FB who decided, based on the trailers :roll: that Matt would die on his arse...

...like they were going to see hundreds of actors and then pick the wrong one - jeez! :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
I've been going "nah-na-na-na-na-nah"
One too many "na's" there? :roll: :lol:
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Couldn't watch Confidential as the 8yr old wants to watch the latest Lloyd-Webber tosh - but will catch it on iPlayer later.
Get yourself a PVR! I've recorded both the episode and Confidential so I can rewatch it later and plan to watch in slow-mo the bits at the end previewing the rest of the series so I can catch all the hints! :shock: :lol:
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

JazHaz wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
Get yourself a PVR! I've recorded both the episode and Confidential so I can rewatch it later and plan to watch in slow-mo the bits at the end previewing the rest of the series so I can catch all the hints! :shock: :lol:
Actually my digibox is a pvr :oops: but the Wii makes a pretty good iPlayer :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

I have it on my hard drive, but haven't watched it yet. I want to get some people together and watch it as a group. Though I am the most fanatical one about it, so I'm watching it this week, whether other people want to or not.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Chrisfs wrote:
I have it on my hard drive, but haven't watched it yet. I want to get some people together and watch it as a group. Though I am the most fanatical one about it, so I'm watching it this week, whether other people want to or not.
Has it been transmitted by BBC America already then?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

JazHaz wrote:
Chrisfs wrote:
Has it been transmitted by BBC America already then?
um, no,
not quite.
Last edited by Chrisfs on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

On the whole I thought Matt Smith did a good job. Out of all of that episode the only thing I hated was the title sequence. It sounds like a weekday teatime kids programme theme. Purely awful.

The upcoming stuff does look good though. Quietly hopeful that this is going to be a good series! Now that Russell T has gone we might get less over-emotional stories... Sadly it would seem that Amy is yet another in a long line of female companions with a crush on the Doctor... Boo.

Regarding the Olive Green Daleks: I think it looks very much like the Royal Army has started using Daleks! That might be an interesting episode.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

DaddyHoggy wrote:

Actually my digibox is a pvr :oops: but the Wii makes a pretty good iPlayer :wink:
Wii? Sweet. We must have a few rounds of archery some time.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

ClymAngus wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:

Wii? Sweet. We must have a few rounds of archery some time.
Via Wii Resort? Can that go online? I've tried it on Sonic and Mario at the Winter Olympics...

Sounds like a plan if possible...
Selezen wrote:
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

I saw it tonight. It was quite good. Packed with lots of plot.
I hope there is a departure from the Russell T Davies stories as well. I think by season 4 he was just burnt out. The trailer at the end promises a bunch.
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

Selezen wrote:
Regarding the Olive Green Daleks: I think it looks very much like the Royal Army has started using Daleks! That might be an interesting episode.
Yep that does look good - did you notice the Union Flag under their eye piece. (I think that's episode 3 if I'm not mistaken).

Quite Interesting piece of trivia for you, the Army hasn't been called the 'Royal' Army since the English Civil War back in the 1600s. The Royal Army fought against King Charles and since then has lost it's 'Royal' status. (There are however Royal Regiments within the army)
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Chrisfs wrote:
I hope there is a departure from the Russell T Davies stories as well. I think by season 4 he was just burnt out. The trailer at the end promises a bunch.
Yes he has resigned. Head Writer is now Stephen Moffatt. I think Russell T Davies may write one or two stories, but not to the extent he did before.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

is that Dr. Who computer game they previewed at the end of this weeks episode going to be free do you think? it just said 'available to download' and then some date in May, looked quite good fun
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Griff wrote:
is that Dr. Who computer game they previewed at the end of this weeks episode going to be free do you think? it just said 'available to download' and then some date in May, looked quite good fun
It didn't look to be that good. The animation was jerky, so I'm wondering perhaps it'll be an iPhone game or something...
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.