Mouse-controllable external camera?

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

ClymAngus wrote:
Oh hark at him the unmitigated softness of decimal ring counters, we were up two hours before we went to bed, brushing the fluff out of Henry Prevost Babbages' difference engine with our oiled beards and lubricating the sprockets with a mixture of our own blood and sorrowful tears!
Oh hark at you! I'm descended from the people who built the greatest computer of all time, a triumph of the silicon chunk, a miracle of modern masonic technology, the Stonehenge 2300BC.

I'm also descended from those people who abandoned it due to it predicting sunrise 3 minutes early and then crashing!
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

Stones? You actually used objects external to your body? All we ever had were our fingers and toes! You try marking increments of 10 by inclining your knuckles. Does horrors for arthritis.

P.S. New ship JazHaz? (EDIT: Just see you confirm it is in another thread :) )
allikat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by allikat »

Umm.. .I can count to 1023 on my fingers/thumbs, and up to 1048575 if I add my toes.
Of course, all that binary on digits gets a bit problematic after a while, the old joints you know..
Commander Monty, a Python Class Cruiser driver :D
Iron assed bulk haulers for the win!

Of the two trumbles which escaped today from Lave station, only 473 have been located....
GUNSMIF
Above Average
Above Average

Post by GUNSMIF »

Oooooooooooooook!!?? :lol: so cutting the programing jargon out what your saying is all the programmers are too scared :lol: :lol: :lol:. come on just do it!!! we know you can hehehe!!
NOTICE to all SPACE GAMERS!!!
Check out http://www.spacesimcentral.com/portal.p

For all your space gaming needs just put a shout out for DarkOne!!
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Goading doesn't work. It'll just make people think ill of you. Much like DIY there is nothing here that an average joe can't do if they put their mind to it. The enormity of the whole job stops people from trying.
GUNSMIF
Above Average
Above Average

Post by GUNSMIF »

No offense meant!! im just too dumb to be able to do any thing like that my self :oops: :lol: wouldn't have a clue where to start as i am new to pc gaming ect

anyway as the saying goes `if it aint broke dont fix it!`
NOTICE to all SPACE GAMERS!!!
Check out http://www.spacesimcentral.com/portal.p

For all your space gaming needs just put a shout out for DarkOne!!
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

GUNSMIF wrote:
No offense meant!! im just too dumb to be able to do any thing like that my self :oops: :lol: wouldn't have a clue where to start as i am new to pc gaming ect

anyway as the saying goes `if it aint broke dont fix it!`
True but it could be improved. Which is why we're all here in the first place. Believe me I would love to fly about with the camera set on chase mode. That said I'm realising the enormity of the task at hand as I delve deeper into the logistics of such a needful thing. Of course it could be done but it is a steep learning curve before you even start.