Witchspace Question for Story and OXP

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Hmmm. Reading this thread I come to the conclusion that one of the probably best feature requests would be to allow OXPs to add new systems ;)

I did not think like that before this thread, but somehow the idea grew in my mind. It could really provide great storylines.

Furthermore, there already was the question of allowing players to explore new parts...and I guess it would feel great if a player could explore systems until he does come up with a bridge to a previously isolated part of the galaxy ;) It would also allow to build great missions for navy and thargoids oxp when there are systems owned by the thargs or pirate bases.

Screet
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

One thing that might be very easy to implement would be the option to add entirely new sectors only reachable by special, oxp-able equipment and, as usual, defaulted as "NO" for the core game.

If you make the experiment and change the galaxy seed and number in your savegame, you find you can come up with sector numbers 9+ and completely new sectors like *snap*. So the game could easily generate these, too, I assume.

You would have to do a planetinfo.plist for 256 system then, though, but think of the possibilities. Endless new worlds and situations could be scripted out there, empty systems to be mined and crossed, unknown systems and races explored, perhaps even incursions into thargoid space itself scripted for the ELITE veterans! :shock:

That's my 0.2Cr :wink:

L

PS: For the continuity fans: If and when in the future the transgalactic wormholes collapse, the even more unstable experimental holes into even more distant parts of the milky way collapsed, too. So no contradiction with established Elite history.