Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Crash at Esusti

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Garrett
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Garrett »

I have just updated my drivers to 191.07, and now the shaders all work fully, and I am getting no crashes at Esusti. I celebrated by flying straight into the sun, since I couldn't get there before :)

I am VERY sorry for not checking this before, now I know why games support always tell people to update their drivers :oops: Thanks for all your help everyone, and hopefully this will help others in the future who have similar crashes. Thanks everyone for your patience!
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Garrett wrote:
I have just updated my drivers to 191.07, and now the shaders all work fully, and I am getting no crashes at Esusti. I celebrated by flying straight into the sun, since I couldn't get there before :)

I am VERY sorry for not checking this before, now I know why games support always tell people to update their drivers :oops: Thanks for all your help everyone, and hopefully this will help others in the future who have similar crashes. Thanks everyone for your patience!
Indeed I was thinking that there should be a readme when installing Oolite which does have the most common links (ATI and nVidia) and asks people to verify that they are running the newest drivers. Older ATI drivers have some nasty problems too and you are not the first one in the last weeks to have problems with old nVidia ones...

I'm really happy that it works now! I've suffered problems myself during my first months here and since it's better I'm enjoying this game oh-so-much more!

Screet
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Yay!

You might have noticed I haven't yet updated that station (RL was in the way), good to know the reason for those mysterious crashes! :D
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Garrett wrote:
In that case I defenitely add a warning about this in the readMe under the head: "Known problems".
Two of the three stations I already had re-centred in the previous link. I will now go ahead in renaming some files to better unique names and upload a new version in the near future.