Well, whaddayaknow...

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Chaky
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Chaky »

Well, the funny thing is, this tool, script, program, or whatever it is, is doing just that.. and a bit more. (I beat you to it, only I havet released it yet. :-))

It can fire up 2 or 3 oolites and have them check every OXP.. and it will merge the logs into one big log..

I could compile that portion of the .. thing... if there were any requests, that is...

edit:
2 or 3?... It can utilise every single oolite you have on board..
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Err, good?*

I was just copying across to windows the basic mac functionality. (and failed miserably to provide that functionality in linux, even though it's a bit better now than it was before).
The internal oxp verifier has still a lot of TODOs, and stuff it wasn't designed to do, like the XML cleanup your program seems to be doing.

It'd be great to see your program in action!

* I'm not too sure what you mean by 'every single oolite'. Do you mean you can set diferent versions of oolite to verify the same oxp?
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Chaky
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Chaky »

Kaks wrote:
* I'm not too sure what you mean by 'every single oolite'. Do you mean you can set diferent versions of oolite to verify the same oxp?
Yes. No limits on number of oolites.

It will try to locate each (by a method that I thought of.. not by trying to search through all drives and folders..), but you can manually add more.

Actually, you add manually folders with OXPs, but when running the OXP Verify feature, the program will look for Oolite exe in each OXP list.

There are settings that enable cross checking (thus enables you to select more than one oolite to run the scan with on selected oxps).
Chaky
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Chaky »

Well.. it used to..

For some reason I can't run that verify-OXP anyhow... not manually nor via this tool...(both trunk and 1.73.3)

Any thoughts?

Only thing I've changed was "verifyOXP.verbose = yes;" in 1.73's logic control.

Edit: Nevermind.. capitalizations screwed with my head
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Not sure what happened there - I've got

Code: Select all

verifyOXP.verbose						= yes;
in my log (not logic) control plist as standard, and the -verify-oxp switch seems to work ok.
Chaky
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Chaky »

Same here, only I snipped the space in between. (When I posted here.. not in the file)

Problem was I typed "-Verify-OXP" instead of "-verify-oxp".

Edit: ...And, yes, it is logcontrol.. not logicontrol... (almost like a mind control, heh?)
Chaky
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Chaky »

Done so far:

- Translating from ASCII to XML and back (very sensitive to rouge keys...)

- "Rules check" (that's how I named it) of shipdata, shipyard and planetinfo plists, according to elitewiki. In other words, it will report errors if <string> is used where <real> or <integer> is expected, plus it checks strings of numbers for consistency and will report invalid values (e.g. exaust or eject position..)
I know that it does same as Oolite's OXP verify, but it was necessary for the translation above. Suprisingly, Oolite tolerates some of those "errors" that monkeywrench my translation..

- number trimming (0.999999999 -> 1.0 and 0.0 -> 0)

left to do:

- make it all work in batch process.. (read: ALMOST there..)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Resources/Schemata/shipdataEntrySchema.plist may be of interest to you. Working out what it all means is left as an exercise to the reader. :-) It’s the most accurate documentation of shipdata keys other than the source itself, which is a lot harder to parse.

There are several other schemata in the repository, but they aren’t used so they might not be accurate.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Chaky wrote:
Done so far:

- Translating from ASCII to XML and back (very sensitive to rouge keys...)

- "Rules check" (that's how I named it) of shipdata, shipyard and planetinfo plists, according to elitewiki. In other words, it will report errors if <string> is used where <real> or <integer> is expected, plus it checks strings of numbers for consistency and will report invalid values (e.g. exaust or eject position..)
I know that it does same as Oolite's OXP verify, but it was necessary for the translation above. Suprisingly, Oolite tolerates some of those "errors" that monkeywrench my translation..

- number trimming (0.999999999 -> 1.0 and 0.0 -> 0)

left to do:

- make it all work in batch process.. (read: ALMOST there..)
:) A most amusing typo! Beware the red keys! :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

I somehow had a vision of keys with makeup... :roll: :lol:
Chaky
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Chaky »

This is never going to end...