"You have scooped a Navy Officer!"

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Rimbaud
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Rimbaud »

Will fixing this bug stop me launching escape pods instead of missiles? :wink: It's crazy when that happends
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

I witchspaced into Zaaxte in Galaxy 1, there were three esacpe capsules around the witchspace beacon, I scooped all three, getting a 'scooped navy officer' message for each. When I docked later I got a reward for one of them. the other two were not mentioned in my inventory.

Went back to the save befor and tried again, this time got the following in stderr -

Code: Select all

2008-09-15 11:26:07.676 oolite[7669] [universe.setup.badStation]: ***** ERROR: Attempt to use non-station ship of type "Escape capsule" for role "icosahedron" as system station, trying again with "icosahedron".
2008-09-15 11:26:07.724 oolite[7669] [universe.setup.badStation]: ***** ERROR: On retry, rolled non-station ship of type "Escape capsule" for role "icosahedron". Non-station ships should not have this role! Generating a stationless system.
Not sure if this is connected with the same error.

Flew around the system examining what was there, the random hits target I was looking for was not there, there were two witchspace beacons, a con store, three pieces of a space bar flying as police, a woma fuel transport and a SIRF station.