Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Random Hits docking

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Random Hits docking

Post by Eric Walch »

spara wrote:
it would be kind of lame to fast-dock, when there is a boss raid going on...
Lucky for the game, fast docking is not working with the player on red alert. That makes that you can't cheat by fast docking yourself out of a difficult situation. :lol:

In that way you are right: if the main station allows it, why not the spacebars.
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

@ DGill

In regard to your screenshot on the first post my planets never look that good ingame, where was the screenshot taken if you can remember, and what version of oolite are you running ? any addons I should be aware of ?

Thanks
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Eric Walch wrote:
One could add a chance of being fined when using the fast_dock option. Being fine is not always bad because your criminal record is cleared also. It is only bad when on a time sensitive trip.
It looks like someone already did this: the code comment from Jens suggests it's been in since at least 2008.
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

dertien wrote:
@ DGill

In regard to your screenshot on the first post my planets never look that good ingame, where was the screenshot taken if you can remember, and what version of oolite are you running ? any addons I should be aware of ?

Thanks
Sorry Dertien, can't remember what system I was passing through; I was just planning a pit stop at the Spacebar for some fuel.

I'm using the current release of Oolite v1.80.0

The main planet textures are courtesy of the Povray_Planets oxps
The other system planets are courtesy of Additional_Planets oxp
The ringed planet is courtesy of System_Features_Rings_1.2 oxp, modified to put the ring around a minor planet rather than the main system planet
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Thanks for the heads up !

Still running 1.79 here, so time for an upgrade and might see some changes too.

ta!
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

DGill wrote:
The ringed planet is courtesy of System_Features_Rings_1.2 oxp, modified to put the ring around a minor planet rather than the main system planet
Please post your Rings tweak in the Tinkerer's Workshop thread.. I'm sure there are others who'd be interested in it as well.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Diziet Sma wrote:
DGill wrote:
Please post your Rings tweak in the Tinkerer's Workshop thread.. I'm sure there are others who'd be interested in it as well.
When testing this feature for the additional planets I discovered that the ring disappears at about 2500 km, hence I left it out. Has this changed?
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

spara wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
DGill wrote:
When testing this feature for the additional planets I discovered that the ring disappears at about 2500 km, hence I left it out. Has this changed?

Seems ok to me. Though I tend not to visit the additional, only add them for atmosphere.

Screenshot flying close to ring of additional planet near to Tibecea: