Newbie needs help lol

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Newbie needs help lol

Post by Diziet Sma »

earl sleek wrote:
Cpt, I have been following that discussion, but like other threads, when I've thought of a contribution I scroll down and someone has already said what I was going to say.
Ahh.. but in this particular case, coming from a relative newbie, your remarks would carry more weight.. so please don't feel shy about contributing, even it it is just to confirm what someone else has said..

Your experience and perceptions are what we're interested in, regardless of whether they do/don't sync with what others are saying..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: Newbie needs help lol

Post by Smivs »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Your experience and perceptions are what we're interested in, regardless of whether they do/don't sync with what others are saying..
Seconded. Some of us old veterans of the board tend to get a bit set in our ways and ideas sometimes. A fresh viewpoint is often just what we need to give us a timely kick up the Iron-ass.
And Welcome :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.