Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Trunk nightly

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Trunk nightly

Post by another_commander »

StathisR wrote:
Unfortunately no improvement for me. My connection is 24 Mbit/s. I don't know if this is considered fast.
Could you please try this: Open logcontrol.plist, and find the key oxz.manager.debug. It should be set to no by default. Change to yes, save the plist and then run the game and try to re-download. Once done, the log should be full of packets logged as they come in. Could you please post the maximum packet size seen? (no need to be terribly accurate, just trying to see if we are getting above 32768 bytes per packet at this point).
StathisR
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by StathisR »

another_commander wrote:
StathisR wrote:
Unfortunately no improvement for me. My connection is 24 Mbit/s. I don't know if this is considered fast.
Could you please try this: Open logcontrol.plist, and find the key oxz.manager.debug. It should be set to no by default. Change to yes, save the plist and then run the game and try to re-download. Once done, the log should be full of packets logged as they come in. Could you please post the maximum packet size seen? (no need to be terribly accurate, just trying to see if we are getting above 32768 bytes per packet at this point).
Maximum packet size is 11652 bytes.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

cim wrote:
I suspect these might be assassins instead - could you double check them, please. Debug console of their primaryRole is the easiest, but if that's not available, check the comms message they send you when attacking and their legal status.
They tend to be offenders and fugitives.

According to P(ause) and 0 (entity dump), they're all using nullAI.plist:
16:49:46.000 [universe.objectDump]: Ent: 3 ShipEntity "Python" position: (-213835, -108567, -9860.87) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT range: 12679.5 (visible: yes) mass 266518 AI: nullAI.plist:GLOBAL

This may be the changeover from AI.plist to scripted (.js?) NPC AI controls...but it's not working very well for some new arrivals -- I see them wander around the witchpoint buoy starting-and-stopping about every 1-5 minutes.
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

Sometimes when I show up at a station I'll notice an NPC close to the dock and in the docking lane that will not move. Today I noticed this with a carrier, so I tried to use the docking comp. For about five minutes the comp would spin my ship accelerate slightly then stop for around 30 seconds. None of the NPCs on my scanner appeared to be moving. I finally just used shift+c to dock. In my log I saw this.

Code: Select all

14:36:45.065 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "oolite-populator" ran for 5.92977 seconds and has been terminated.
full log here

I don't know if it is related to the missing carriers-centerdeck.dat from Norby's Carriers, but I have noticed similar behavior with core ships.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

cim wrote:
According to P(ause) and 0 (entity dump), they're all using nullAI.plist ..
I've seen this too, i.e. offender or fugitive ships appearing in the log as having nullAI. The ships in question were ones added by an expansion pack of mine (i.e. that I wrote) that (1) is still in OXP format, (2) uses the old plist AIs.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

UK_Eliter wrote:
I've seen this too, i.e. offender or fugitive ships appearing in the log as having nullAI. The ships in question were ones added by an expansion pack of mine (i.e. that I wrote) that (1) is still in OXP format, (2) uses the old plist AIs.
Are they added using standard roles with auto_ai turned on (or unspecified, since that's the default)? If so - as in previous versions - the AI in the shipdata will be replaced with the one in the auto AI map for that role (and in 1.80, most of those are JS AIs)

I'll adjust the debug dump so that it gets the AI information right, though.
Switeck wrote:
but it's not working very well for some new arrivals -- I see them wander around the witchpoint buoy starting-and-stopping about every 1-5 minutes.
That's expected behaviour for some ships. It depends what sort, though.
Stormrider wrote:
Today I noticed this with a carrier, so I tried to use the docking comp. For about five minutes the comp would spin my ship accelerate slightly then stop for around 30 seconds.
Which nightly build is this in? There was a bug that could jam the docking queue fixed only a couple of days ago.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

cim wrote:
Are they added using standard roles with auto_ai turned on (or unspecified, since that's the default)?
Yes.
cim wrote:
I'll adjust the debug dump so that it gets the AI information right, though.
Thanks.
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

cim wrote:
Which nightly build is this in? There was a bug that could jam the docking queue fixed only a couple of days ago.
1.80.0.5817-140622-18c05dc (x86-64 test release)
I'll try updating, thanks cim.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Stormrider wrote:
1.80.0.5817-140622-18c05dc
Okay, that version is recent enough that it shouldn't be a problem. I wonder if the carrier is so large that while it's technically smaller than the dock the docking computer isn't able to align with sufficient precision to actually fit it in - I'll check that now.
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

cim wrote:
I wonder if the carrier is so large that while it's technically smaller than the dock the docking computer isn't able to align with sufficient precision to actually fit it in - I'll check that now.
I've seen the carriers docking with no problem, and I saw at least one python behave the same way. The ship was actually facing away from the dock. I flew up close to the python that acted this way and after I got close enough to it it moved, and then I was able to dock with the DC. I didn't think to try this with the carrier, I only remembered the python incident later.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Trunk nightly 1.80.0.5821-140625-4d4f10f

Post by Cody »

While awaiting clearance at Quonbi - I was fifth in the queue - three Vipers launched, followed by this Cobra Mk III. It came to a dead-stop close to the flight path and just sat there, doing nothing. Occasionly, its engines flickered briefly and it shifted angle, then it returned to loiter mode.

@Griff: if you see this, does that Cobra Mk III look right? It seems a little dull.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Cody wrote:
While awaiting clearance at Quonbi - I was fifth in the queue - three Vipers launched, followed by this Cobra Mk III. It came to a dead-stop close to the flight path and just sat there, doing nothing. Occasionly, its engines flickered briefly and it shifted angle, then it returned to loiter mode.
If it happens again, target the ship then press <Shift-h> to dump the target_state to the log..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cody

Post by Cody »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Cody wrote:
If it happens again, target the ship then press <Shift-h> to dump the target_state to the log..
Good idea, Diz - but I had two cross-chart parcels onboard, worth over 30k, so I was a little distracted and the idea never crossed my frazzled old brain.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

I figured you had just forgotten, because I know you already know of it.. but I posted it as much for the benefit of Stormrider and other relative new-comers, as for you... :wink:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cody

Post by Cody »

Diziet Sma wrote:
I posted it as much for the benefit of Stormrider and other relative new-comers...
Aye, that's the way it works - the other one I usually forget to use is 'pause+0' for the entity dump.