Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

very pretty LB - keep 'em coming!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

I put hardpirate into the ship maker, and made 3 Renegades. looks like one crashed.

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

A nice pic of the Quirium-rise :twisted:

Continue throwing down quirium-bomb ships unto the heads of unsuspecting ground huggers, Darth Neblin: That`ll teach them!

:wink:

Emperor L
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ...

Post by FSOneblin »

Lestradae wrote:

Continue throwing down quirium-bomb ships unto the heads of unsuspecting ground huggers, Darth Neblin: That`ll teach them!

Emperor L
Why don't we just drop one in their star? We will get a large chain reaction, blow up the sun, and give the people on the planet a painful death :twisted:. Then we can threaten to drop one in the sun of a planet that has a powerful military unless they give us their system, we keep doing that till we can take a planet by force. And then, with all of the great doctors, biologists, and scientists in out hands, we will make a cure to the common cold, and earth will be not under corentene, and I will return to my birth planet, clone the dieing native titans till their plenty.

Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

That sounds like a plan... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
That sounds like a plan... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It sounds insane. Does he perhaps not know that Earth is in the heart of the Federation?

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ...

Post by Lestradae »

FSOneblin wrote:
Lestradae wrote:

Emperor L
Why don't we just drop one in their star? We will get a large chain reaction, blow up the sun, and give the people on the planet a painful death :twisted:. Then we can threaten to drop one in the sun of a planet that has a powerful military unless they give us their system, we keep doing that till we can take a planet by force. And then, with all of the great doctors, biologists, and scientists in out hands, we will make a cure to the common cold, and earth will be not under corentene, and I will return to my birth planet, clone the dieing native titans till their plenty.
Darth Neblin, this is ingenious! We will do this with the sun of the system of Glub ... which is just a few lightyears away from the Achenar system, which we will threaten next. It is rumoured that they have a powerful military too at TL 16 ... first Achenar, then the rest of the Ooniverse!

Right on, Darth! :twisted:

Emperor Lestradae Duval
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Not quite such a brilliant plan. According to "Status Quo" - which is obviously the authority as far as Q-mines are concerned - Q-mines don't work close to large masses, like moons, planets, or suns. (page 82 of the pdf-version, unfortunately I can't c&p from it)
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Commander McLane wrote:
According to "Status Quo" - which is obviously the authority as far as Q-mines are concerned - Q-mines don't work close to large masses, like moons, planets, or suns.
Perhaps that could be included in the core game? As FSONeblin`s pic shows, it`s possible in the game atm ...

I guess it shouldn`t be to difficult to implement that, and could deliver a (in-game story) reason why q-mines aren`t used regularly to destroy & raid stations ...
Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Post by Commander Mysenses »

Lestradae wrote:
Perhaps that could be included in the core game? As FSONeblin`s pic shows, it`s possible in the game atm ...
I think what he means is, they won't become part of the chain reaction.
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Commander Mysenses wrote:
Lestradae wrote:
No. In the novella 'Status Quo', written by uber-writer and Elite Ooliteer Drew Wagar, the unwitting inventor of the Quirium Cascade mine foils a plot by agents within GalCop to send a SuperCobra to Achenar equipped with a pair of Q-bombs.

*****SPOILER ALERT!!!!*****

>In an attempt to uncover the threat to Achenar and prevent the weapons being used, the inventor drops the one remaining mine on Lave's moon, a giang Quirium refinery. As the mine enters the moon's grav-well, it becomes non-functional, proving the Q-bomb to be useless within a gravity well and thus useless as a orbit to surface WMD.<

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
Commander Mysenses wrote:
Lestradae wrote:
No. In the novella 'Status Quo', written by uber-writer and Elite Ooliteer Drew Wagar, the unwitting inventor of the Quirium Cascade mine foils a plot by agents within GalCop to send a SuperCobra to Achenar equipped with a pair of Q-bombs.

*****SPOILER ALERT!!!!*****

>In an attempt to uncover the threat to Achenar and prevent the weapons being used, the inventor drops the one remaining mine on Lave's moon, a giang Quirium refinery. As the mine enters the moon's grav-well, it becomes non-functional, proving the Q-bomb to be useless within a gravity well and thus useless as a orbit to surface WMD.<

Captain Hesperus

We will make one that does not have this problem. Master, we need forces to go to galaxy 4, NOW! I just took a system singlehandedly. That will show those commies whose boss.

Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

We will make one that does not have this problem. Master, we need forces to go to galaxy 4, NOW! I just took a system singlehandedly. That will show those commies whose boss.
[hollow voice] My padawan, don`t waste your time with galaxies 2 and up ... the intergalactic gateways are soon to have an ... unfortunate ... accident :twisted:

With GalCop then marooned in seven forever unreachable regions of space, we will still use the Nova Q-Bomb MkII on Glub and then ... convince ... Achenar to hand over their system to us.

And from there on we march for ... Earth! Bwahaha! Bwahahahahaaaaaa! [/hollow voice] :twisted:

Emperor Lestradae Duval
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

OK, more coming up:

This Dodo station has some traffic going:

But this Coriolis has more:

A screenshot, like a photograph, has to "grab" the moment. Or, in this case, the last moment of this pirate's existence:

Remember the Moray-R that shot at the station? Here a view from a different angle:

And I will leave you with these planetscapes featuring my fav planet texture:

End of journey. We have arrived at the station.
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

I just wetted my pants... :shock: