Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Trunk nightly

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Trunk nightly

Post by spara »

One more question. When the player buys something and the playerBoughtCargo fires, does the screen refresh happen before or after playerBoughtCargoes are handled from worldScripts. If it's the latter, then my problem is the run order of things and I believe I can work my way around.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

After the script event. The cargo and credits are transferred, then the script event happens, then the GUI text is updated.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

A small thing. When entering name in ship registration, "F" brings fps into view.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

It'd be even worse (on windows) if you tried to name your ship something with a Q...

Thanks - should be fixed in tonight's build.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

This is more of a glitch than an actual bug, but I'll report it anyway.

In the situation where there are more than one page of ships for sale, go to the second page and select "Back". That takes you to the first page, shows the details and the spinning model of the first ship, but the selector is on the "More" line.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

That may be intentional, so that you can quickly switch between two pages just with left and right keys. I'm not sure.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

cim wrote:
That may be intentional, so that you can quickly switch between two pages just with left and right keys. I'm not sure.
It looks like bug because the behaviour is not consistent. Normally going to the "More" line does not show the spinning ship or it's details, but when coming from the second page, those are shown.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Right, sorry - misunderstood which bit you were talking about. Fixed for tonight's build.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Trunk nightly 1.79.0.5798-140614-c327444

Post by Cody »

Vicious surrender, eh?

Code: Select all

22:38:42.022 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ----- JavaScript warning (Oolite Police AI 1.79): Unknown expansion key [oolite_entityClass] in string.
22:38:42.022 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:  0 (oolite-priorityai.js:381) <anonymous function>
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     this: {...}
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     priority: 3
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     params: {...}
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     key: "oolite_surrender"
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     message: undefined
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     template: "[commsPackA_vicious_surrender]"
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     recv: 13.74542236328125
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     send: 180522072879.96136
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:  1 (oolite-priorityai.js:5272) <anonymous function>
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     whom: [Ship "Moray Star Boat" position: (2504.58, -11298.3, 340739) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT]
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     i: undefined
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     found: undefined
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     pws: undefined
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ----- JavaScript warning (Oolite Police AI 1.79): Unbalanced ] in string.
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:  0 (oolite-priorityai.js:381) <anonymous function>
22:38:42.023 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     priority: 3
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     params: {...}
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     key: "oolite_surrender"
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     message: undefined
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     template: "[commsPackA_vicious_surrender]"
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     recv: 13.74542236328125
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     send: 180522072879.96136
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:  1 (oolite-priorityai.js:5272) <anonymous function>
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     this: {...}
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     whom: [Ship "Moray Star Boat" position: (2504.58, -11298.3, 340739) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT]
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     i: undefined
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     found: undefined
22:38:42.024 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     pws: undefined
22:38:42.025 [strings.expand.warning.unknownExpansion]: ----- WARNING: Unknown expansion key [oolite_entityClass] in string.
22:38:42.025 [strings.expand.warning.unbalancedClosingBracket]: ----- WARNING: Unbalanced ] in string.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Thanks - I'd done something silly in the Comms Pack A entries. I'll fix it up soon.
Cody

Post by Cody »

I was out on a research flight last night and got stranded in IS, so I was using the cloak periodically in order to survive. While I was cloaked, the Thargoid warships seemed to pass their time shooting at... well, I presume at each other. Plenty of criss-crossing laser beams all around me, anyway. They also seemed slow to re-acquire me when I decloaked and started shooting at one of them, some continuing to ignore me. After a fair while, there were quite a few warships and countless drones buzzing around, and my systems were getting worn down. I did eventually escape, but the warship behaviour seemed odd... not only the shooting at each other, but shouldn't they all re-acquire an attacking decloaked player pretty fast?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Cody wrote:
I was out on a research flight last night and got stranded in IS, so I was using the cloak periodically in order to survive. While I was cloaked, the Thargoid warships seemed to pass their time shooting at... well, I presume at each other.
Close - at the debris from destroyed warships. Whether it's for target practice or to ensure there's no chance of the wreckage falling into Cooperative hands, I don't know.
Cody wrote:
They also seemed slow to re-acquire me when I decloaked and started shooting at one of them, some continuing to ignore me.
The Thargoids in IS aren't added as part of a group, so they won't directly pay attention to an attack on another warship (and being Thargoids, they won't send calls for help...). If they're having trouble hitting the hull fragment, they won't rescan and notice you until later.
Cody

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
... at the debris from destroyed warships. Whether it's for target practice or to ensure there's no chance of the wreckage falling into Cooperative hands, I don't know.
Ahh... interesting, and possibly useful, knowledge.
cim wrote:
The Thargoids in IS aren't added as part of a group, so they won't directly pay attention to an attack on another warship (and being Thargoids, they won't send calls for help...). If they're having trouble hitting the hull fragment, they won't rescan and notice you until later.
Also useful knowledge... thanks.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Dear all

I'm testing the 1.8 nightly to see if it works with the OXPs I've written, but please bear with me - I've been away for a while, and my board searching skills are rusty.

Here are the problems I notice.

- My Fer-de-lance 3G ships no longer have visible turrets. The turrets still fire (though perhaps less than before). Any ideas anyone?

- I get errors like this in the log, for lots of different roles: 'Tried to add pirate-medium-fighter but no ships of that role found - using default "pirate"'. This happens even though I put the 'shipset compatibility' OCZ file into my AddOns folder.

- The log has some instances of the following error too (possibly related to things my InterstellarTweaks OXP does with the player ship?): 'javaScript exception (Oolite Police AI 1.80): Error: Vector3D.distanceTo: Could not construct vector from parameters (null)'

- Old OXPs seem to work alright, but they don't register as installed within the new in-game Add On system.

- How do I add the OXPs I wrote to the aforementioned system, please?

- A possible bug / infelicity: police in interstellar space refer, in communications the player receives, to thargoids as 'offender ships'.

Also:

- I'm not sure that my Interstellar Tweaks OXP, that sometimes bypasses and at other times modifies NPCs placed in interstellar space by populator scripts, is working properly. Preliminary testing suggests all is well, but it is hard to tell (since a lot of randomness is built into that OXP). I understand that system population now works different to how it did in 1.77. Is there likely anything I need to change, please?

Apologies for any ignorance.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

UK_Eliter wrote:
- My Fer-de-lance 3G ships no longer have visible turrets. The turrets still fire (though perhaps less than before). Any ideas anyone?
Odd - I don't think anything's changed in particular with turret subentities. I'll have a look.
UK_Eliter wrote:
- I get errors like this in the log, for lots of different roles: 'Tried to add pirate-medium-fighter but no ships of that role found - using default "pirate"'. This happens even though I put the 'shipset compatibility' OCZ file into my AddOns folder.
The compatibility OXP should be fixing that - could you post your Latest.log, please? (Just "start, load game, quit" should do)
UK_Eliter wrote:
- The log has some instances of the following error too (possibly related to things my InterstellarTweaks OXP does with the player ship?): 'javaScript exception (Oolite Police AI 1.80): Error: Vector3D.distanceTo: Could not construct vector from parameters (null)'
Just that line, or anything else above/below it?
UK_Eliter wrote:
- Old OXPs seem to work alright, but they don't register as installed within the new in-game Add On system.
They won't. To be detectable by that they need a manifest.plist file (which OXPs can have, but none of them will). There's nothing I can do to reliably detect which OXP folders might contain expansion packs which are also now available as OXZs, unfortunately.
UK_Eliter wrote:
- How do I add the OXPs I wrote to the aforementioned system, please?
PM me and I'll give you a login for the admin screen. Once you've got that, for each OXP:
1) Generate a draft [wiki]manifest.plist[/wiki] for it using the web tools and put it in the OXP
2) Convert the OXP to OXZ format (zip it up and rename it .oxz, essentially - unzipping an existing one is probably the easiest way) and test that it loads properly from your AddOns folder.
3) Upload it somewhere it can be downloaded directly (box.com doesn't work for this, unfortunately; the community has put together some tools on the Wiki for this instead)
4) Add the URL to the "download URL" box in the web tools, and set it to "active".
UK_Eliter wrote:
- A possible bug / infelicity: police in interstellar space refer, in communications the player receives, to thargoids as 'offender ships'.
I think this may have been a bug with Police vs Thargoids for a while, and it's just more noticeable now that ships are more talkative.
UK_Eliter wrote:
- I'm not sure that my Interstellar Tweaks OXP, that sometimes bypasses and at other times modifies NPCs placed in interstellar space by populator scripts, is working properly. Preliminary testing suggests all is well, but it is hard to tell (since a lot of randomness is built into that OXP). I understand that system population now works different to how it did in 1.77. Is there likely anything I need to change, please?
If it's working, then possibly not - but you might find it easier to manage if you use the new populator: use planetinfo.plist to change the default population and repopulation functions for interstellar space to ones that only exist in your worldscript, then use those functions to populate IS. [wiki]Oolite_System_Populator[/wiki] may be useful - and perhaps also read through the "oolite-populator.js" script in the core game.