OoliteStarter

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

MrFlibble
Deadly
Deadly

Re: OoliteStarter

Post by MrFlibble »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:29 pm
MrFlibble wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:00 pm
I'll look at whether I can do something to reduce need to update. Did my previous builds work? It may just be the version of Java I'd switched up to (as the previous one was no longer getting updates).
I'm not blaming you. Your work on resurrecting gubbins for the AppleMac is superb. And I presume that it is the fault of the software you are using to transmogrify everything for the Apple. But I feel that it is a sad commentary on how things are being changed...

Your previous but one version seemed to work just fine (as proclaimed earlier). I never tried the immediately previous one.
Then I know the culprit. Am between pubs for a snack, so not tonight. No guarantees.

FWIW, MacOS versions <12 are no longer getting support from Apple. Chances are a lot of software will not be built to work on those versions as that would require using obsolete libraries etc. It may be that OpenJDK is not going to work on a now outdated OS.
MrFlibble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by MrFlibble »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:29 pm
MrFlibble wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:00 pm
I'll look at whether I can do something to reduce need to update. Did my previous builds work? It may just be the version of Java I'd switched up to (as the previous one was no longer getting updates).
I'm not blaming you. Your work on resurrecting gubbins for the AppleMac is superb. And I presume that it is the fault of the software you are using to transmogrify everything for the Apple. But I feel that it is a sad commentary on how things are being changed...

Your previous but one version seemed to work just fine (as proclaimed earlier). I never tried the immediately previous one.
Here's latest starter built using OpenJDK 20.0.2, which AFAIK is the last version of OpenJDK that might work on OS 10.15. Please let me know if it works for you.

If anyone else needs to use this for MacOS below 11, please drop a note here so I can get an idea of user numbers.

These links will self-destruct in a month.

OoliteStarter-0.1.32-gelsemium.12-MacOS-JDK_20.0.2-x86_64.zip (61.5 MB)

OoliteStarter-0.1.32-gelsemium.12-MacOS-JDK_20.0.2-x86_64.pkg (60.88 MB)
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

The positive side of being offline was that I checked OoliteStarter and the build process' behaviour when no network resources are available. And yes, there was room for improvement.

This latest build will behave meaningful if oolite.space is not there:
- No OXPs can be installed - but you can still see and remove those that are already installed.
- An empty flavors list will be displayed

OoliteStarter v0.1.32-gelsemium.13

That should bring the gelsemium branch to an end. If no problems are detected for a week I will merge to the main branch.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite