Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

(Release) Ship Configuration

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: (Release) Ship Configuration

Post by phkb »

A small update (v1.3.2) to assist with compatibility with the Coluber CH01 HUD and Xenon UI, plus some tweaks to make being in a nova system a little less...well...deadly.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Such fun places, nova systems!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

I've noticed that since the last update that I am no longer getting any heat build up when I jump into witchspace.
Anyone else found this or is it just me?
O.C.T.D (Oolite Crash Test Dummy) Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm......
phkb

Post by phkb »

:oops: Ah, yeah, that was me! The just-released version 1.3.3 should correct it.

And now, back to our regular programme...
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

Muchas gracias :)
phkb

Post by phkb »

Version 1.3.5 has just been released. In this version:
  • Tweaks to the control of the F3 HUD for simpler integration with Xenon HUD (and any other HUD that might want to integrate with Ship Config).
  • Identified "Masslock Compensators", "Power to Engines" and "Hard Way" OXP's as conflicting, and marked them in the manifest.
When I get some time I'll have a look at how I can make SC compatible with those OXP's.
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

I think I may have found a possible conflict with towbar oxp.
Prior to installing Ship Config oxp I was able to use the miner and miner assistant (items from Towbar oxp) without any problems.
I am finding now that using the mining option of towbar oxp results in the ships injectors being instantly damaged the moment that the towbar latches onto the derelict ship.
I have had a nosy through the Latest.log but it didn't appear to offer any clues as to why this occurs every time a derelict is picked up using the towbar - at least it didn't to someone with my far too limited knowledge.
I shall keep the log in case it my be of any use.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Thanks for the heads up. I’m not able to debug this at the moment, and won’t be in a position to do it for a couple of weeks. So if you could keep a copy of the log and the save game so I can get a copy later that would be awesome.
Thanks again!
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

phkb wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:34 am

So if you could keep a copy of the log and the save game so I can get a copy later that would be awesome.
I have pm'd you a link for a zip containing these files (the link should be good until 10 Feb 2020). Just let me know if you need me to post again after this date.

Thanks again
GearsNSuch
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GearsNSuch »

I have a couple of rather minor but interesting bug reports. All are on a Mac running the latest versions of Oolite and Ship Configuration.

First of all, the game crashes when the last heat sink is jettisoned. All other heat sink deployment works as expected, but when the final one is ejected, manually or automatically, the game crashes to desktop. Here is the log file:

Code: Select all

Opening log for Oolite version 1.88 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D76) at 2020-02-28 15:08:13 +0000.
Machine type: MacBookAir8,2, 8192 MiB memory, 2 (4 logical) x x86 (family 0xf817246) @ 1600 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

10:08:14.069 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
10:08:14.346 [joystick.error.init]: Cannot open HID manager; joystick support will not function.
10:08:14.346 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 INTEL-14.4.23"). Vendor: "Intel Inc.". Renderer: "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 617".
10:08:14.346 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (128):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_debug_marker, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
10:08:14.359 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
10:08:14.379 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
10:08:14.380 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Resource paths: 
    /Applications/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.EquipmentStorage.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.littlebear.blackmonks.oxz
    ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.ShipConfiguration.oxz
10:08:14.399 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
10:08:15.010 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 0.85 seconds. ==========
10:08:18.572 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
10:08:19.017 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 29 world scripts:
    blackmonk_fuel 2.2.1
    blackmonks 2.2.1
    EquipmentStorage 1.2
    Oolite Equipment Control 1.88
    Oolite Ship Library 1.88
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.88
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.88
    oolite-contracts-cargo 1.88
    oolite-contracts-helpers 1.88
    oolite-contracts-parcels 1.88
    oolite-contracts-passengers 1.88
    oolite-libPriorityAI 1.88
    oolite-nova 1.88
    oolite-populator 1.88
    oolite-primable-equipment-register 1.88
    oolite-registership 1.88
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.88
    oolite-trumbles 1.88
    oolite-tutorial 1.88
    ShipConfiguration_Armour 1.3.5
    ShipConfiguration_BoosterHeat 1.3.5
    ShipConfiguration_Core 1.3.5
    ShipConfiguration_F3HUDControl 1.3.5
    ShipConfiguration_FuelScoops 1.3.5
    ShipConfiguration_HeatSink 1.3.5
    ShipConfiguration_NPCShips 1.3.5
    ShipConfiguration_SellNegotiate 1.3.5
    ShipConfiguration_ShieldCyclerFix 1.3.5
    ShipConfiguration_WitchdriveHeat 1.3.5
Secondly, for whatever reason, it seems that if there are no packs that add UI images installed, accessing the Ship Configuration panel causes the flight UI to disable itself. I discovered this while testing the heat sink glitch and found that, with no other OXPS installed, adding littlebear's "Bank of the Black Monks" or gsagostinho's "Dangerous HUD" will prevent the UI from disappearing. Because science.

One final thing: when I was sorting through my OXPs, I realized just how many started with oolite.oxp.phkb. Your work here is greatly appreciated!
phkb

Post by phkb »

GearsNSuch wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:14 pm
the game crashes to desktop
Yikes! :shock:
I'll get on to that straight away!
Here is the log file:
Unfortunately that's only the top bit of the log file. There's a limit on the amount of text you can add, so it appears the rest of the log was truncated.
accessing the Ship Configuration panel causes the flight UI to disable itself
Thanks for the report. I'll do some tests and see what I can uncover.
phkb

Post by phkb »

OK, v1.3.6 has been released. I could certainly confirm the major crash scenario, but I couldn't work out why it was happening. In the end, I re-engineered the method I was using to deal with expended heat-sinks to the way it should've been done in the first place, so win-win right? :D
GearsNSuch
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GearsNSuch »

Both the heat sinks and the UI work perfectly now. Thank you!
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Attempting to toggle passive mode in heat sink control interface (station-side) has no effect. Toggling auto/manual there works, though.
phkb

Post by phkb »

I can't reproduce this one. Can you check the value of worldScripts.ShipConfiguration_HeatSink._controlMode before and after toggling passive mode? And check if the EQ_HEAT_SINK_CONTROL and EQ_HEAT_SINK_CONTROL_PASSIVE are present.