Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Trunk nightly

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Trunk nightly

Post by Eric Walch »

cim wrote:
Fixed in e0fa509, thanks.
Fixed? I thought this was a feature. :lol:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

This afternoon I hit the monthly limit on my internet connection, and subsequently have been speed-throttled until rollover hits in a few hours time. This allowed me to experience the joys of downloading OXZs on a (very) slow connection. As a result, I have a suggestion to make.

File sizes larger than 1MB are only shown rounded up to the next full MB. When downloading, once more than 1MB has been downloaded, no progress at all is displayed until the next full MB is reached. It is thus difficult to tell if the download has stalled or the connection dropped out, or is actually still continuing.

It would be very helpful if both the size and amount downloaded in MB were displayed to two decimal places. That way one could be sure that data was still coming in, and allow people to see that (for instance) 9.85MB need to be downloaded, not merely 9MB, as is presently displayed..

I hope it's possible to do this.. it would be very reassuring for players with slow internet..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Diziet Sma wrote:
It would be very helpful if both the size and amount downloaded in MB were displayed to two decimal places.
Good idea - done.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I was testing the populator and constantly jumping from system to system. Somewhere along the way this popped to the log:

Code: Select all

17:50:27.892 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (Oolite Pirate AI 1.79): Error: displayNameForCommodity: Invalid arguments (null) -- expected string.
17:51:10.163 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (Oolite Pirate AI 1.79): Error: displayNameForCommodity: Invalid arguments (null) -- expected string.
17:51:49.177 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (Oolite Pirate AI 1.79): Error: displayNameForCommodity: Invalid arguments (null) -- expected string.
17:52:25.949 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (Oolite Pirate AI 1.79): Error: displayNameForCommodity: Invalid arguments (null) -- expected string.
Have not seen the error before or another time.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

A couple more things I just discovered about the OXZ Manager..

"List installed expansion packs"
Unlike on the other screens, the arrow keys don't work on "Back" and "More" when toggling through the installed OXZs. Instead, you have to hit the <Enter> key. It would be nice if it was made consistent with the rest of the interface.

OXZ Conflicts
The manifest.plist has an option for a description of the conflict, but this description is never displayed to the player. It would be a big help if the player was able to figure out just what was conflicting with what. I found this one when checking on the conflict situation between the two versions of the DTT Snake Charmer.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Thanks for the bug reports
spara wrote:
Somewhere along the way this popped to the log
A pirate must have scooped an OXP canister which didn't contain cargo. Fixed.
Diziet Sma wrote:
"List installed expansion packs"
You can tell I don't have many OXPs installed personally at the moment... Fixed.
Diziet Sma wrote:
It would be a big help if the player was able to figure out just what was conflicting with what.
The messages for OXPs required/conflicts are displayed when you start the game. For some reason these messages aren't displayed on a reload after you exit the OXP manager - I'll take a closer look at that when I get a little more time.

"description" is mainly intended for requirements/conflicts against OXPs which don't have known manifest identifiers - if Oolite knows about the OXP it'll just tell you what it's called and display the title and version instead.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

cim wrote:
A pirate must have scooped an OXP canister which didn't contain cargo. Fixed.
I also had those, a few days back, but forgot to report:

[script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (Oolite Pirate AI 1.79): Error: displayNameForCommodity: Invalid arguments (null) -- expected string.
[script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (Oolite Pirate AI 1.79): Error: displayNameForCommodity: Invalid arguments (null) -- expected string.
[script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (Oolite Scavenger AI 1.79): Error: displayNameForCommodity: Invalid arguments (null) -- expected string.
Pirates and Scavengers, looks like it happened while (trying to) scooping.

Remains this one, I mentioned in a PM

[script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (oolite-populator 1.79): TypeError: ships is null
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

[script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (oolite-populator 1.79): TypeError: ships is null
I still haven't figured that one out, either.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Trunk nightly 1.79.0.5742-140517-f739348

Post by Cody »

A very, very minor thing: when editing a ship's registration, I couldn't use an apostrophe in its name.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cody

Re: Trunk nightly 1.79.0.5749-140518-14eae08

Post by Cody »

Would a launch&docker call the 'Last leg now. We'll clear up anything between here and the Coriolis station and then call it a day!' message?
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

Downloaded the 1.79 and the graphics are great but I am unable to use my numeric keyboard/ the basic arrows work but are woefully inadequate to use in combat let alone traveling in from the witchpoint. How do I get my numeric keyboard to work
properly? I have tried numlock on/off/ mouse control shift m, and turning the touch pad off/on. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
Downloaded the 1.79 and the graphics are great but I am unable to use my numeric keyboard/ the basic arrows work but are woefully inadequate to use in combat let alone traveling in from the witchpoint. How do I get my numeric keyboard to work
properly? I have tried numlock on/off/ mouse control shift m, and turning the touch pad off/on. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks
In 1.79 the numeric keys have been decoupled from both function and arrow key equivalents and have to be independently set in keyconfig.plist. Check out Pull Request #45, it has all the information you need plus example keyconfig.plist entries.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Cody wrote:
Would a launch&docker call the 'Last leg now. We'll clear up anything between here and the Coriolis station and then call it a day!' message?
In theory. That implies a bounty hunter launched, and then either immediately flew several hundred kilometres, or had their group take noticeable losses, so decided to end the patrol.

Odd...
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Incidentally, I'd just like to say thanks for all the recent optimisations re OXZ handling, caching, etc. It has had the unexpected and very welcome side-effect of improving my witchspace jumps tremendously. Until now, jumps have involved a number of hesitations, pauses and freezes as other things went on behind the scenes, to the point where they could easily take 15-30 seconds to complete.

Now, there is very little hesitation at all.. jumps are almost totally smooth. The improvement in immersion-factor is huge. Were we not close to release of 1.79, I'd recommend back-porting the improvements to 1.77.
Cody

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
Odd...
I cruised clear across the seventh octant and halfway back again, doing my courier thing, and saw no odd aegis behaviour - in fact, there was a dearth of aegis activity of any sort, and very few mules. Then I reinstalled Griff's shipset and the Compatibility OXZ - and immediately there was more aegis activity, and the odd behaviour began again (such as the hunter message above, which I've seen a few times). I can't be certain (as usual), but it seems it might be Griff's shipset and/or the Compatibility OXZ that is causing the problem (as you thought). I know one thing though - I much prefer the busier aegis for game-play.