Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Trunk nightly

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Trunk nightly

Post by cim »

Yes - also fixed now. Thanks
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Trunk nightly 1.79.0.5740-140512-1f20a29

Post by Cody »

I'm still seeing the occasional ship launch, then dock again shortly after (this may happen, of course - I've done it myself).
Just now, one launched solo, broadcast the 'Compass set on the Coriolis - let's go!' message, then promptly docked.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Cody wrote:
Just now, one launched solo, broadcast the 'Compass set on the Coriolis - let's go!' message, then promptly docked.
He obviously has OCD and went to check if he'd left the gas on... :twisted:
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Cody wrote:
I'm still seeing the occasional ship launch, then dock again shortly after (this may happen, of course - I've done it myself).
Okay, so that's definitely a trader. Hmm... I think I can see how this could happen, rarely, if a particular function had a bug in it. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Thargoid wrote:
He obviously has OCD and went to check if he'd left the gas on...
Who has OCD? Me or the NPC? <chortles> Besides, that should be CDO!
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

cim wrote:
Okay, so that's definitely a trader. Hmm... I think I can see how this could happen, rarely, if a particular function had a bug in it. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
If it's what I think it is, then it's probably fixed. Let me know if you see anyone else doing it.
Cody

Re: Trunk nightly 1.79.0.5741-140514-5935cd5

Post by Cody »

This is probably connected - a Python +2 just launched from a Zieman Habitat in the aegis at Estiri, then hove-to and started broadcasting impatient trader messages such as: Delays not accepable, Cargo spoils, Hurry up and dock, etc. I'd meant to remove the ZH, as it happens - but forgot.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Cody wrote:
This is probably connected - a Python +2 just launched from a Zieman Habitat in the aegis at Estiri, then hove-to and started broadcasting impatient trader messages such as: Delays not accepable, Cargo spoils, Hurry up and dock, etc. I'd meant to remove the ZH, as it happens - but forgot.
It's possible that the Habitat AI launched a trade ship independently of the system populator, so didn't set its destination system, and whatever cargo it got from the habitat was valuable enough at the main to sell. If the stations were marginally further apart it wouldn't even have looked like a problem... I'll have a closer look at the ZH OXP to see if that's a possibility.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Switeck wrote:
I'm still looking for faster routes even if they're normally impossible for the player to do. Potential mission material. I haven't found a route using player.ship.scriptedMisjumpRange to reach the "unreachable" systems in Galaxy Charts 3 and 6. I'm pretty sure there aren't any for Galaxy Charts 6, but the ones in 3 I haven't totally given up on yet.
Route found to Galaxy Chart 3 "unreachable" systems...using scriptedMisjumpRange (a scripting option only available in Oolite v1.79) and a LOT of misjumps!

The reason I didn't find it sooner is my unreleased and hard-to-use "Variable Jump Drive" OXP equipment used 5% misjump increments but the jump route "funneled" down to 2% misjumps. A slightly quicker route likely exists but I lack the fortitude to find it, as my search method is basically trial-and-error rather than math. To find a better route by math calculations is non-trivial to do. 8)

I find it utterly bizarre that the total travel time needed is close to the best route I found using the stacked wormhole misjump method in Oolite v1.76.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Hmm... a Sidewinder and a Cobra Mk III launched from the Veesqu Dodo (no ZH installed), the Sidewinder called a 'Time to head home.' message, they both swept around the waypoints, then the Sidewinder docked... and the Cobra Mk III hit the station and blew, despite the 'Pull up!' message.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

A launch-then-docking bounty hunter? That really doesn't make much sense.

EDIT: I really don't get what's going on here. I've just sat outside Leesti station for (TAF-assisted) two hours, and everything seems fine. Plenty of ships launched - traders, bounty hunters, local patrols, shuttles - none of them returned to base. This doesn't sound like it's a rare occurrence for you, though.
Cody

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
This doesn't sound like it's a rare occurrence for you, though.
<scatches head> It is fairly common, yes - could it be my OXP/Z set? Would removing Griff's stations be an idea? One thing - when I've tried to force such behaviour using TAF, I rarely, if ever, see it. As you know, I mostly drift (or race) across the chart doing my courier thing, which often entails launching, then waiting patiently in the aegis, sometimes for ten or fifteen minutes (in RL - no TAF).
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Cody wrote:
cim wrote:
This doesn't sound like it's a rare occurrence for you, though.
<scatches head> It is fairly common, yes - could it be my OXP/Z set?
Not impossible, perhaps - it would be interesting to see if it still happened if you removed Griff ships, stations and the shipset compatibility OXP. If that makes a difference, it implies there's something wrong with the compatibility OXP, I think.

Very odd if it happens only without TAF, too.

(On the bright side, I did see some events similar to the Cobra crash, so I can fix some of that up)
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

If you try to put "1" into your save name, you'll immediately launch. At least on Linux.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

spara wrote:
If you try to put "1" into your save name, you'll immediately launch. At least on Linux.
Fixed in e0fa509, thanks.