Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Elite : Reclamation (Novel)

Writings and chronicles of the OOniverse.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Elite : Reclamation (Novel)

Post by drew »

It's not proceeds of the kickstarter Selezen, it's proceeds of the profits of sales of the book once it eventually goes on sale. Don't worry.

EDIT : Hmmm, just re-read that and you may have a point. I'll tweak it for now...

Interesting blips today, progress has completely stalled and several people have de-committed given the continuous plugging of the other non-funded books in the E:D comments and repledging in the hopes those books make the £4,500 license hurdle. I think we're suffering a bit of book-fatique with so many entries. Not sure the stretch goals are going to fly. We'll see.

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

That's bad to hear. Maybe you should mention that to the powers that be...

"HEY! Your plugging of everyone else has jeopardised me kickstarter!!"

Incidentally, and I'm not sure if I asked this before, but how did you make your videos?

PS you busted 6000...
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

I'm not too worried. I suspect some potential books will fall by the wayside before the close, and I fear some of these authors have a little more enthusiasm than ability to execute. We'll see what actually makes it across the line in March 2014 (assuming Elite makes it too!)

I think the protagonists on the E:D comments are only looking at the potential cash donation (understandable, but short-sighted in my view) rather than the actual book projects they are funding.

I'll be looking to set up some paypal funding for the paperbacks after the KS closes and I've got some other possible plans with my publisher lined up. However, we look pretty solid at £6k for the time being. If things start going south I'll put out a plea for action!

Cheers,

Drew.
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

drew wrote:
... and I fear some of these authors have a little more enthusiasm than ability to execute.
<sniggers>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

Also people may have de-commited for other reasons. It is the holidays after all. I really wanted to back your project, as you are by far the most promising author in my opinion. However, I had to pull, I was looking at my funds and realized I'd be lucky to back Elite with the way things are going.

It really is the worst possible time for them to put this up. I wish they would have waited a few months, then I could just lob money around. :(

Sorry, but I wish you the best of luck, and will happily buy Reclamation when it releases!
Profile: Commander Kolt
Ship: Cobra III - Longinus V
Elite Rating:Poor
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

OneoftheLost wrote:
It is the holidays after all. I really wanted to back your project, as you are by far the most promising author in my opinion. However, I had to pull, I was looking at my funds and realized I'd be lucky to back Elite with the way things are going.

It really is the worst possible time for them to put this up. I wish they would have waited a few months, then I could just lob money around. :(

Sorry, but I wish you the best of luck, and will happily buy Reclamation when it releases!
Likewise.. I'd just moved house, as well, and am totally broke until mid-January. I'd love to have backed both projects, but can't spare a cent for either, before then. :cry:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Yes, that probably came across rather whingey. My apologies! It's not a great time of year to be asking for donations, pledges or gifts to charitable concerns is it? I'm delighted to have the opportunity to write a book regardless and carry a bit of Ooliteness in there at the same time.

There was a definitely a whiff of lets give this a spin, crikey we need to have prepped a bit better from the main E:D KS at the beginning. Seems to be in its stride now...

@Selezen - I'm using AVS4YOU Video Editor - came with my PC. It's pretty good and very easy to use.

Cheers,

Drew.
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

I have to admit that I also had to decrease my pledge (but I did not withdraw completely) just because I wanted to back some of the other authors as well. I must say that I don't necessarily expect some of them to deliver as high quality as you do, but I thought it the best to support them out of solidarity, since I'm behind one of the book projects as well.
Author of Tales from the Frontier - official Elite 4 anthology.
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Well, I for one am not going anywhere. I'm not particularly interested in the other book projects (and not even in E:D itself). I just want to support Drew. :D
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Commander McLane wrote:
Well, I for one am not going anywhere. I'm not particularly interested in the other book projects (and not even in E:D itself). I just want to support Drew. :D
Hehe, same here 8)
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Thanks guys - the support is much appreciated! :D

New update video in case you haven't seen it > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E45tnLkr ... y6Ihx3me_A

Cheers,

Drew.
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Ladies and Gents - I present 'Success' :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yl0EOQGsvM

Enjoy. Once the KS ends (17 hours!) I'll be able to reveal exactly how much of the total came via the Oolite BB - I think you'll be impressed.

Last chance for those who want to jump aboard - click link in sig.

Cheers,

Drew.
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon at the end of the campaign, but thought I'd let you know I just pledged on the book!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Is it just me or are project pages on KS not responding at the moment? I can get to their homepage but not beyond...
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

That's it we're funded!

Final total a stonking...

£7,043!

Pretty damned chuffed with that I can tell you. Stretch goals can be made up by paypal or other routes throughout the year to come.

Off to bed now!

Cheers,

Drew.
WebsiteFacebookTwitter