Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

YOUR AD HERE!!! 300 ads (sets A, B, C, D, E, F & G)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: YOUR AD HERE!!! 300 ads (sets A, B, C, D, E, F & G)

Post by Gimi »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Can't believe it YAH down on page 4! Shocking!
Anyway - as I'm currently very cross with RL(tm) Veolia it's only fair that I parody them inside Oolite!
Now there is a challenge! Every time we are annoyed with a company or organisation we get back at them by doing a parody or something similar in YAH.
Hmmm, I think I'll do my ISP tomorrow.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Commander McLane wrote:
Now I'm waiting for an ad with the tag line

"Music is waste to our ears" or "Music is wasted on our ears".

Don't know yet who it would be for.
I went to a Quo gig last year ... it reminded me of when I was in the Boy Scouts and we did a carol concert for the old people's home.

The opening band were a young local thrash metal group and they were brilliant. But all through it the crumblies around us were unplugging their hearing aids and yelling:
"Ooh, it's a bit loud, isn't it?"
"Beg pardon?"
"Eh? can't hear you for that racket on stage."
"Dunno, I can't understand a word they're saying."

Bless.

Anyway, here's another YAH contribution:
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Eheheh, nice! Mind you, a RL band name? Maybe StatusOoo instead?
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

StatOos Quo?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Kaks wrote:
Band name is probably ok as it's also the name of a book! But imagery of real people...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Kaks wrote:
Band name is probably ok as it's also the name of a book! But imagery of real people...
Too late anyway...

Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Disembodied wrote:
From 2007:

Great minds, etc. ... :D
What an incredible difference in quality, artistic ability, presentation, etc. compared to my feeble effort. Now I remember why the art teacher told me to sit and do my homework for other classes in her lessons, instead of wasting her paper and materials. :oops: (The technical drawing teacher told me to stop turning up at all.)
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

SandJ wrote:
What an incredible difference in quality, artistic ability, presentation, etc. compared to my feeble effort. Now I remember why the art teacher told me to sit and do my homework for other classes in her lessons, instead of wasting her paper and materials. :oops: (The technical drawing teacher told me to stop turning up at all.)
Well, in my opinion your art teacher needed a swift kick ... anyway, the beauty of computer art is, once the machine is bought, the materials are free.

Don't stop making stuff. Get hold of good software (GIMP is great, and free), turn off your inner critic, expel your inner crabbit teachers, and play!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Disembodied wrote:
SandJ wrote:
Well, in my opinion your art teacher needed a swift kick ... anyway, the beauty of computer art is, once the machine is bought, the materials are free.
Also, Disembodied had a clear head start, as far as things in jars are concerned. :wink:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Disembodied wrote:
From 2007:

Great minds, etc. ... :D
I knew the subject matter had a familiar feel to it! :wink:
Selezen wrote:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

SandJ wrote:
I cringe when I look at some of my earlier works (Bee & Qoo - nice idea - terribly implemented) - but I've got better and better with GIMP and I've been quite proud of some of my recent efforts. So just keep plugging away, you'll be surprised.
Selezen wrote:
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

Yes very nice work indeed. Just added this in my Ooniverse and very impressed. The Constores are just amazing but what else can one expect from Griff. Even on my non-shaderfied hardware they look great.
Last edited by CaptSolo on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

CaptSolo wrote:
Yes very nice work indeed. Just added this in my Ooniverse and very impressed. The Constores are just amazing but what else can one expect from Griff. Even on my non-shaderfied hardware they look great.
They look even more impressive when you jump into a system and see the light on the corner of the ad in the centre of your view screen and ¼ of a second later you get "Press Space Commander". Had that once, plus a couple of "OMG! Sheeeeeet!" near misses where I have had to suddenly pull round the billboard to avoid it.

(A bit like driving on the M6 in Birmingham, actually.)
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

SandJ wrote:
CaptSolo wrote:
They look even more impressive when you jump into a system and see the light on the corner of the ad in the centre of your view screen and ¼ of a second later you get "Press Space Commander". Had that once, plus a couple of "OMG! Sheeeeeet!" near misses where I have had to suddenly pull round the billboard to avoid it.

(A bit like driving on the M6 in Birmingham, actually.)
And yet, as you're not alone in recounting a version of this story, I've never had it happen to me - and when I do play Oolite I spend it jumping to systems that I know will have a Constore/Tetrascreen!
Selezen wrote: