Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

OXP Suggestion (or Oolite 2) - Smugglers.OXP

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: OXP Suggestion (or Oolite 2) - Smugglers.OXP

Post by Switeck »

Ganelon wrote:
Firearms.. What do they use in the civil wars mentioned as raging on some planets? Do they shoot rubber bands at each other or something? LOL
There should be special cargo contracts of firearms to systems in a civil war...and they should pay decently, like 100 credits per TC -- yet only cost you about 20 credits per TC to start such a contract, to offset the criminal rating you accumulate with every main station you visit on the way.
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

Switeck wrote:
to offset the criminal rating you accumulate with every main station you visit on the way.
But isn't the way round that to sunskim? It is up to the player if he wants to dock and be damned with the consequences.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Fatleaf wrote:
It is up to the player if he wants to dock and be damned with the consequences.
Unless it's bed-time :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
But maybe the legal system just needs a tweak to make docking at a main station with illegals give you a record (very easily done via OXP? - on event dock, check if main station, if so check manifest, and increase bounty by 2 for each ton of narcotics in the hold or 1 for each ton of firearms/slaves.) If you scoop illegals as a bounty hunter you just have to sell the proceeds elsewhere or given the liklihood that quantities will be small take the slight and temporary hit on your legal status which probably won't have much impact on your game play. It'll be folk like me traipsing into the station with 60 tons of Narcotics in the belly of a Python that will feel the resultant heat.
A little OXP doing this can be found here https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9499
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Fatleaf wrote:
Switeck wrote:
to offset the criminal rating you accumulate with every main station you visit on the way.
But isn't the way round that to sunskim? It is up to the player if he wants to dock and be damned with the consequences.
Yes...BUT on a long route that requires 4+ jumps there should be a bonus for either having to refuel to continue whether it be by skimming or buying fuel at a (main?) station.

In ANY case, you will be socked with a huge bounty in the first place by leaving with this contract. So even if you sunskim, you still risk police Vipers saying "Hi, DIE!" along the way.