Frangibility problem with my ship

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Frangibility problem with my ship

Post by Thargoid »

The dip into the ship can be helped by adjusting the orientation (details are in the PM) - basically try and have the model's Z-axis point perpendicularly to the model surface (ie that the turret points perpendicularly to the ship surface).

I don't think it is possible to change the cone of fire of a turret - it's fixed at 157 degrees around the turret model's Z-axis.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Another version of the Fer-de-Lance 3G is now available via my box.net. This version lacks turrets. I've beefed up the ship (the '3G+' model) in other ways in order to compensate.

The turrets were beyond me (despite Thargoid's fine efforts at helping me). I am, I fear, but an (edible?) arts graduate. Designing this thing was meant to be fun. With trying to work out the turrets (such that they didn't turn inwards such that they penetrated the ship itself), it ceased to be fun. If anyone wants to add turrets himself/herself, then please feel free (although I'd appreciate it if you didn't release the result without asking me).

Hopefully a few people will check that all bugs/infelicities have been removed from the current version of the OXP. Once I am fairly confident that all is as it should be, I'll release the OXP in the official manner (by asking permission - or whatever one does - to get one's OXP put on the OXP list). (I should say that my guess at compabibility with previous Oolite versions is something I have indeed only guessed at. So that's one of the things to be tested - that I'll test, when I get around to it.)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

If you can send me a link to a version including the turret model/texture etc, I'll add them in for you if you want sometime next week.
Commander Ragugaki
Competent
Competent

Post by Commander Ragugaki »

Ooooo(lite)! I'm keen to fly one of them! 8)
"And... sweet Lord Giles on a gyro-spider, they didn't even fit you out with a docking computer!"
Have you tried docking at full speed lately?