I like 1.75

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: I like 1.75

Post by Fatleaf »

Hi Humpers, and welcome to the Friendliest Board this side of Riedquat.

My first thoughts are Tough Guys OXP. But as CM stated a few could do that. Once you have posted your list of OXP's installed we can let you know.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
HUMPERS
Above Average
Above Average

Post by HUMPERS »

Hi Guys,

In terms of OXP's, I have all the mission ones installed and a few additional ship oxps, equipment and so on.

My legal status is clean, of course! LOL

I think it's the Military Fiasco mission. The ships do comprise of the Grass Snake. I also have a mission with UPS; the one whereby you have to take out a python and capture the pirates via their escape capsules.

However, I also thought it might be the fact that I have over 10,000 KGs of platinum in the hold which i'm delivering to a number of systems. Destroy my ship and you become rich if you have a fuel scoop!

Im in Galaxy 2. Have completed all galaxy one missions and done the Constrictor Hunt some time ago.

I'm waiting around to find a Caduceus Omega then will fully equip (I have 2million credits) and start Thargoid Plans in Galaxy 3.

Hope this helps!

Humpers.
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

When you say ALL the missions ones. Are you talking literally here? Could you list them, it would be a lot easier to identify it.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
lisbet
Average
Average

Post by lisbet »

Is this the place for 1.75 questions?

I've only had the new version for a couple of days, but I've come out of witchspace so close to the beacon that I crashed into it (and died) at least twice! I recall it happening in 1.74 too, but not this frequently. Is this something that can be prevented or is it an intended part of the game?

Otherwise, I definitely like the 1.75.1 better than 1.74- it runs more easily on my system.

Thanks.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

lisbet wrote:
but I've come out of witchspace so close to the beacon that I crashed into it (and died) at least twice!
Ha! Yes I get that from time to time, and certainly lots of near misses! I think it's just part of the way the game works, and adds another 'interesting feature' to the game. :D
Dieing is part of life in the Ooniverse :roll:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Smivs wrote:
lisbet wrote:
but I've come out of witchspace so close to the beacon that I crashed into it (and died) at least twice!
Ha! Yes I get that from time to time, and certainly lots of near misses! I think it's just part of the way the game works, and adds another 'interesting feature' to the game. :D
Dieing is part of life in the Ooniverse :roll:
If this happens without OXPs installed, then it is a bug and we need to know about it. The game is not supposed to "just kill you". In fact, the distance from the witchpoint beacon upon exit from witchspace was increased in 1.75, specifically to address the problem of sometimes having the player killed when OXP beacons were used. Do you guys have Your Ad Here installed by any chance?
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hi AC, I have had YAH, but un-installed it recently. I still emerge very close to the beacon sometimes. I think the problem comes mainly when the beacon happens to be right in front of you when you emerge. Perhaps ships should exit witchspace with zero speed. :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
HUMPERS
Above Average
Above Average

Post by HUMPERS »

Hi,

List of OXP's as requested taken from the (latest) Log file:

../AddOns/AAACrooks.oxp
../AddOns/accessories.oxp
../AddOns/ACS_1.2.oxp
../AddOns/Assassins.oxp
../AddOns/AsteroidStorm 4.01.oxp
../AddOns/Blackjacksbullion js v1.24.oxp
../AddOns/black_baron.oxp
../AddOns/BoaClipper.oxp
../AddOns/boomslang.oxp
../AddOns/BountyScannerv2.0.oxp
../AddOns/Cargo_wrecks_teaser 1.6.5.oxp
../AddOns/Cataclysm.oxp
../AddOns/Deposed1.3.4.oxp
../AddOns/Dictators v1.4.oxp
../AddOns/display_reputation.oxp
../AddOns/Energy Equipment 1.11.oxp
../AddOns/Generation Ships 1.1.oxp
../AddOns/grass_snake.oxp
../AddOns/Hawksound.oxp
../AddOns/ionics-1.3.1.oxp
../AddOns/IronHide 2.00.oxp
../AddOns/longway 1.1.oxp
../AddOns/military Fiasco 2.5.2.oxp
../AddOns/Missile Analyser 1.2.oxp
../AddOns/morrigan.oxp
../AddOns/murgh_Xships.oxp
../AddOns/Naval Grid 1.00.oxp
../AddOns/neocaduceus.oxp
../AddOns/Ore_processor 1.58.oxp
../AddOns/Pods 1.22.oxp
../AddOns/RandomHits1.4.6.oxp
../AddOns/renegades.oxp
../AddOns/renegade_viper.oxp
../AddOns/SecondWave 1.31.oxp
../AddOns/spyhunter 1.1.oxp
../AddOns/Ste3cV1.4.oxp
../AddOns/Stealth 1.03.oxp
../AddOns/Stingray.oxp
../AddOns/supercobra 1.4.2.oxp
../AddOns/Taranis 1.2.oxp
../AddOns/Target Autolock Plus 1.12.oxp
../AddOns/Target Reticle 1.2.1.oxp
../AddOns/TCAT 1.10.oxp
../AddOns/terrapin.oxp
../AddOns/thargoidcarrier.oxp
../AddOns/thargoid_wars 4.5.1.oxp
../AddOns/Thargorn_Threat 1.5.oxp
../AddOns/tiger.oxp
../AddOns/Tori2.01.oxp
../AddOns/UPS-courier v1.7.4.oxp
../AddOns/Vortex 1.11.oxp
../AddOns/wolfmk2.oxp

Im adamant it's due to Military Fiasco OXP.

Also, My upgrade to 1.75 from 1.74.2 involved carrying over the capture the pirates mission from UPS. However, they are nowhere to be found at the system (ISONED). I get to the space station, no sight of them. Dock, come out again fly back to Witchspace beacon, no sign of Python. Normally you hit the python on the way to the station. Is there anywhere to check that this mission is still active or do I need to perservere in the system till I hit said Python?

Many thanks,

Humpers
lisbet
Average
Average

Post by lisbet »

I have YAH installed and Military Fiasco. If someone can tell me how to do it, I'll be happy to give you a log file of OXPs or whatever else might be useful. I'd prefer not to have type them up- there are quite a few.

I'm glad to know it's a bug, not a feature :).
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

lisbet wrote:
I have YAH installed and Military Fiasco. If someone can tell me how to do it, I'll be happy to give you a log file of OXPs or whatever else might be useful. I'd prefer not to have type them up- there are quite a few.

I'm glad to know it's a bug, not a feature :).
Look into the Logs folder of your Oolite. And copy & paste the latest log...
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

HUMPERS wrote:
Also, My upgrade to 1.75 from 1.74.2 involved carrying over the capture the pirates mission from UPS. However, they are nowhere to be found at the system (ISONED). I get to the space station, no sight of them. Dock, come out again fly back to Witchspace beacon, no sign of Python. Normally you hit the python on the way to the station. Is there anywhere to check that this mission is still active or do I need to perservere in the system till I hit said Python?

Many thanks,

Humpers
This ups mission attracts extra pirates in the visited systems until the mission is over. The python is added on the lane witchpoint-planet (not on the direct route to the station). When the python is close to the planet, you might miss it when only looking at the route witchpoint-station. Another possibility is that the python is in combat with police and the group drifted away from the space-lane, while fighting.

Both issues are not specific for ups but for many missions. To tackle the first issue you must patrol both possible lanes. But traders always head for the planet first, so that would be the most obvious route for a pirate in ambush.
For the second issue, you have a problem, that is only solvable by jumping out and back into the system. That forces a recreation of the target.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

HUMPERS wrote:
Im adamant it's due to Military Fiasco OXP.
It's definitely not Military Fiasco.oxp. That adds stolen (and legit) military ships, no pirates.

You should follow Eric's UPS-lead instead.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
You should follow Eric's UPS-lead instead.
With ups and 1.75 it is even worse than be before :evil: . I just started the "chronicle" mission. The mission starts with a warning to stay away from anarchy or feudal systems. I just was killed because of not following this advise and entered an anarchy to meet the tight time schedule. There were a lot pirates waiting for me at the anarchy witchpoint, so I immediately selected the next system and started a new countdown. I thought that, when surviving the next 15 seconds, I would be safe again.

But no, the AI makes use of the new 1.75 feature that ships can follow the player through his wormhole. The delay for arriving at the new system, is the time the pirate needs to travel to the player wormhole. So, over the next minute all pirates I left behind, entered the new system.
I was killed now 3 times in a row. I probably must take this challenge more seriously. :D
HUMPERS
Above Average
Above Average

Post by HUMPERS »

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will say that what I did mean was, on these specific missions, and I've done a few, I always follow the witchpoint to planet path and the python in question without fail always appears, normally with 4 of his buddies as protection.

However, I have now attempted this UPS mission on at least 10 separate occasions; jumping in and out of the system and the python in question, (there have been other Pythons getting my hopes up) is nowhere to be seen. This is becoming exasperating, particularly as it worked first time everytime on the 1.74.2 version.

How can I get over this?

Is there a way of checking whether there's a bug with this mission.

I'm even prepared to remove the mission if possible (i'm sure it is) just to carry on with something else.

Please can someone help?

Regards,

Humpers
lisbet
Average
Average

Post by lisbet »

For the UPS mission- It worked for me in 1.75, but I also got the mission in 1.75 so if it's broken, it probably has to do with the changeover. I found the python closer to the planet than any reasonable ship should be- mass locked by the planet- on a roughly straight shot from the witch point.

For my log information- that folder is empty. That's why I assumed I needed to do something to get a log.