Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

I am back... After 2-3 years

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Makandal
Deadly
Deadly

Re: I am back... After 2-3 years

Post by Makandal »

It all depends if someone is ready to do it. I provide the images. I guess a set of 500 pictures will be enough to give variety. I can create 10 per day at least so 500 will not be a big deal. Problem is that I am not good in modeling human things. Only good for nature landscape.

No I did not download Famous Planet. In Nigeria, my ISP works by quota. I have presently 3Gb per month of quote for 100$ and a speed of 512 Kb. Downloading the 650 Mb of Famous Planet will eat all my quota ! I will wait to go to a place where internet is good like Ghana, end of this month.

Tell me, I am worried something is wrong with my Commander. Each time I am going out of a station, some clean guys attack me. I am clean myself. I suspect either the Longway mission (just completed it but it started when I pick the old guy) or the Griff's Krait (I noticed these are mainly Griff's Krait attacking me). Do you have a reason for that ? Curiously, they do nothing when I enter the station. Stupid people !
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Is it three Griff Kraits?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Makandal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Makandal »

Yes, how do you know ? You already met these b.stards ?
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Oh yes, I know them well.

I think that there’s a small test script in the Griff Krait oxp, that was left in by mistake. It makes three Kraits attack you every time you launch. Remove the script, and all should be well… and they are beautiful ships.

Or better still, try this version of the Griff Krait… it’s got bits that you can shoot off, like its lasers: http://www.box.net/shared/i9aznk80x9/1/ ... /440935708
Makandal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Makandal »

It works ! Thanks... I can now start to look at the adds !
Cody

Post by Cody »

My pleasure... and welcome back.
Pluisje
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pluisje »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Beautiful work, the style reminds me of a fractal world builder (landscape and clouds) I used to run (very very slowly) on my Amiga A500... (the name I forget)
That would be Vista or Vista Pro. Cost me a night one (or more..), hearing a frame being written to disk every hour or so. I just had to get up and look every time. Used Terragen in the late 90's on a PC.

Back on topic: Nice landscapes, I'm sure someone will find a place for them in Oolite. Please continue making them.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Pluisje wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
Beautiful work, the style reminds me of a fractal world builder (landscape and clouds) I used to run (very very slowly) on my Amiga A500... (the name I forget)
That would be Vista or Vista Pro. Cost me a night one (or more..), hearing a frame being written to disk every hour or so. I just had to get up and look every time. Used Terragen in the late 90's on a PC.

Back on topic: Nice landscapes, I'm sure someone will find a place for them in Oolite. Please continue making them.
Vista Pro - that's the one - a whole weekend to produce 2s of animation - oh happy days!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Makandal wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 pm
This is a quick example of what it could look

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59450711@N08
Makandal - I'm adding these super pictures to our wiki. Please let me know if this is a problem!

Are you still in Nigeria?

Cholmondely

Lave: Lave is most famous for its vast rain forests and the Laveian tree grub.

Diso: This planet is mildly noted for its ancient Ouza tulip plantations but ravaged by frequent earthquakes.

Reorte: This planet is mildly fabled for its inhabitants' eccentric love for tourists but plagued by deadly earthquakes.

Arsuqudi: This world is very fabled for its unusual oceans.

Retila: This world is ravaged by occasional solar activity.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?