Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Oolite carrier market

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

uua90
Competent
Competent

Re: Oolite carrier market

Post by uua90 »

That's weird... I just downloaded the Check Reputation OXP and have never run a cargo contract in my life. However, after a few milk runs from the usual F8 market, it says I'm starting to make a name for myself. :shock:

It would also appear that my passenger ferrying reputation has improved, though I haven't done any passenger runs in quite some time.
lave
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Deep in Leesti space mining asteroids for a living.

Post by lave »

I guess I have to buy myself a bigger ship one day.
I do plan on doing that anyway so that I can mine more asteroid in one go. Although even then there is a limit to how much a station will take in one go, unless you jump out of the system then back again, or sell at a planet, other station, ect...

Also, how does the Hyperspace bubble cargo thingy work? From what I understand, it doubles the cargo hold (so my cobra could hold up to 60T or 65T with a large corgo hold) but it does it as though it is 2 separate holds. Is that right?

I have seen the odd contract for about 55-60T but not sure if the hyperspace bubble thingy will allow me to take the contract.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

I've occasionally noticed the same thing - it'll just jump up a step and then drop back down again for no apparent reason.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

lave wrote:
I have seen the odd contract for about 55-60T but not sure if the hyperspace bubble thingy will allow me to take the contract.
If you mean HyperCargo, no it won't. It just gives you essentially an additional "mirror" cargo hold to your current ship, but given how the scripting and the core code for the contract works, you can't split a contract across "both" of your holds.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
I've occasionally noticed the same thing - it'll just jump up a step and then drop back down again for no apparent reason.
There is an apparent reason, and it's called 'random'. There is a random component of +/-1 to your reputation.

PS.: Passenger and cargo reputations are completely distinct from each other. They don't influence each other.
lave
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Deep in Leesti space mining asteroids for a living.

Post by lave »

If you mean HyperCargo, no it won't. It just gives you essentially an additional "mirror" cargo hold to your current ship, but given how the scripting and the core code for the contract works, you can't split a contract across "both" of your holds.
Yeah that's what I ment lol.

Right so it basically gives you another cargo bay that is completely separate from the normal one and the two can't be merged.

Thanks.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Commander McLane wrote:
Mauiby de Fug wrote:
There is an apparent reason, and it's called 'random'. There is a random component of +/-1 to your reputation.
*laughs* I guessed as much! Although surely "random" is almost the opposite of "apparent"...
curtsibling
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by curtsibling »

Commander McLane wrote:
curtsibling wrote:
On a (slightly) related note - Does cargo-carrying rep go back down if no missions are done for a while?
Yes.

If you want to stay informed about your current reputation you may install [wiki]Display_reputation_OXP[/wiki]. :) </shameless plug>
Yep - I tried it out and it is very good! :)
***Ship Log***
Ship:Caduceus Omega - Invidious Domain
Legal:Clean
Rating:Dangerous