Cascade mine Glitch?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Pureskill123
Average
Average

Re: Cascade mine Glitch?

Post by Pureskill123 »

...the conflicting OXP is Griff's all in one shipset.

I really like that Shipset too...will I have to get rid of it entirely or is there a fix?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

You could try installing the Griff individual OXPs, one by one… see if it’s a particular one causing the problem… then you might only have to do without one of them.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Pureskill123 wrote:
...the conflicting OXP is Griff's all in one shipset.

I really like that Shipset too...will I have to get rid of it entirely or is there a fix?
I don't know about the 'all in one' as I have them individually installed. There I have not seen this effect before. But knowing the source, others might be able to reproduce it?
Pureskill123
Average
Average

Post by Pureskill123 »

El Viejo wrote:
You could try installing the Griff individual OXPs, one by one… see if it’s a particular one causing the problem… then you might only have to do without one of them.
I was hoping you wouldn't say that...good thing Griff has them as individual downloads too.

Should I report my findings in Griff's thread?

And Eric, thanks for the information. Hopefully I won't have any problems with all of them individually downloaded either. BTW, do you have all of them subfoldered into one folder per chance? I don't want my "AddOns" folder to be littered with 30+ folders, and last time I pasted the entire download folder as opposed to just the .oxp file it didn't work.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Just tried deploying a QCM in station space, with the Griff all-in-one. In 1.74.2, it seemed to have no effect... no kills awarded, and no fugitive status. In trunk r4112, it worked... but I was awarded 284 kills, and fugitive status. I'll have a few more goes shortly.
Pureskill123
Average
Average

Post by Pureskill123 »

El Viejo wrote:
Just tried deploying a QCM in station space, with the Griff all-in-one. In 1.74.2, it seemed to have no effect... no kills awarded, and no fugitive status. In trunk r4112, it worked... but I was awarded 284 kills, and fugitive status. I'll have a few more goes shortly.
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what is this trunk r4112? Some form of debug mode?
Cody

Post by Cody »

Pureskill123 wrote:
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what is this trunk r4112? Some form of debug mode?
It's the dev version, used mostly for testing.

In 1.74.2 with the Griff individual OXPs, the QCM seems to work properly... only 11 kills and fugitive status.

I have the single OXPs nested in one folder called Griff.oxp... keeps things tidy.
Pureskill123
Average
Average

Post by Pureskill123 »

Well then, problem solved. Thanks a lot everyone, now my only problem is getting used to the joystick I purchased yesterday :wink:
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

i wonder if it's something to do with the new 'exploding debris' stuff in the latest version of the all-in-1 bundle of my shipset (this isn't included in the individual downloads version so that's probably why they're working ok), that does use a script assigned to each ship that generates a whole bunch of tiny polygon 'shards' that fly off when a ship explodes, there probably would be about 15-20 of them per exploding ship, they're supposed to be silently removed from existence after 15 seconds or so, but it looks like they're awarding kills if caught up in a q-mine explosion
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Griff wrote:
i wonder if it's something to do with the new 'exploding debris' stuff in the latest version of the all-in-1 bundle of my shipset (this isn't included in the individual downloads version so that's probably why they're working ok), that does use a script assigned to each ship that generates a whole bunch of tiny polygon 'shards' that fly off when a ship explodes, there probably would be about 15-20 of them per exploding ship, they're supposed to be silently removed from existence after 15 seconds or so, but it looks like they're awarding kills if caught up in a q-mine explosion
When the chards are of scan_class CARGO or ROCK they should not initiate new cascades. (unless you defined fuel for them). When they are of scan_class rock, they also don't count as kills. I assume you made them of CARGO, but than should filling them with cargo help preventing them counting as a kill. e.g. add:

Code: Select all

cargo_type = "CARGO_ALLOY";
In the shipdata and oolite assumes it is plain cargo that should not award a kill. That will make the shards scoopeble though during the 15 seconds of their existence. :P

I just looked in Oolite itself. There the wreckages will also count as kill :!:
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Eric Walch wrote:

I just looked in Oolite itself. There the wreckages will also count as kill :!:
M$ would call that a "feature"... :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Eric Walch wrote:
When the chards are of scan_class CARGO or ROCK they should not initiate new cascades. (unless you defined fuel for them). When they are of scan_class rock, they also don't count as kills. I assume you made them of CARGO, but than should filling them with cargo help preventing them counting as a kill. e.g. add:

Code: Select all

cargo_type = "CARGO_ALLOY";
Argh! Make this silly reliance on implicit wossname stop!

I’ve added a new shipdata key, counts_as_kill (boolean, default true) to deal with this sanely. The implicit behaviour for cargo, buoys and rocks is still there (including reducing bounty except in strict mode).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

If it's still the original scripting and shipdata.plist entries that we worked on so many moons ago, they should be scanClass CLASS_CARGO. So maybe the alteration to class CLASS_ALLOYS is good, they are already set as cargo_type CARGO_NOT_CARGO.

I must admit I never did test them with a q-bomb, as I have trouble with those on my travelling machine in that they don't draw (and running away from an invisible q-bomb is an interesting challenge!).
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Thargoid wrote:
... running away from an invisible q-bomb is an interesting challenge!)
I'd guess that point-in-any-direction-and-hit-'I'-really-fast would be the best strategy. 8)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Commander McLane wrote:
Thargoid wrote:
... running away from an invisible q-bomb is an interesting challenge!)
I'd guess that point-in-any-direction-and-hit-'I'-really-fast would be the best strategy. 8)
It was (or indeed is, as the crappy graphics driver still doesn't display the damn things). It just makes the whole maneuver somewhat more interesting, especially knowing which way to go and when to stop. Judging it on the scanner isn't as nice as on the whole screen.