Wormhole scanner bug on enemy ship?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Wormhole scanner bug on enemy ship?

Post by Switeck »

The auto-target OXP seems to retain a target way beyond reasonable ranges. If something shoots my ship and auto-target locks onto it as a result, I seem to be able to get any distance from it in the same system and retain that lock.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

luminous wrote:
I know I have messed with the MilHud, I did not think that I had changed that much, but from the log file it would appear that I have some work to do :(
Not really. All reports feature the same line of the script (line 20). So the most likely cause is either a missing or an extra semicolon or comma. Same goes for the plist, but in this case you have to find the line yourself.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Using trunk or 1.74.2? It shouldn't do, all it does is set the target by script - once you go out of range the normal target loss mechanism should then apply...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Thargoid wrote:
Using trunk or 1.74.2? It shouldn't do, all it does is set the target by script - once you go out of range the normal target loss mechanism should then apply...
I seem to remember that this isn't necessarily the case. Setting a target by script makes it the primary target instantly, and for some reason the primary target is never lost until another primary target is acquired. I see that with personalities ships once they have targeted the player. The only way for losing him as target is to target something else. Distance doesn't help (and there was no 'untarget'-method, AFAIK it exists now).
luminous
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by luminous »

Ahruman wrote:
luminous wrote:
Assertion failed!

Program: C:\Oolite\oolite.app\oolite.exe
File: src/Core/Entities/WormholdEntity.m
Line: 352

Expression: [ship hasEquipmentItem:@"EQ_WORMHOLE_SCANNER"]
Now this is useful information. Logs are far less interesting. :-)

This indicates that you somehow targeted a wormhole. Either there’s a logic bug allowing you to do that, or an entity ID for a ship got recycled for a wormhole (FIXME: eliminate those nasty, dangerous entity IDs). In any case, I’ve changed this to be non-crashy.
How do I get the non-crashy version? Will that be in the next version of Oolite (I don't mind waiting).
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

luminous wrote:
How do I get the non-crashy version? Will that be in the next version of Oolite (I don't mind waiting).
Grab the nightly build for your platform from here: http://terrastorage.ath.cx/oolite/status.html. Note that there could be other bugs there causing different types of crashes or unpredicted behaviour. Only when this is declared official will it be expected to be good for gameplay, until then it's good for testing things out.

Yes, the fix will be in the next official version of Oolite.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Switeck wrote:
If something shoots my ship and auto-target locks onto it as a result, I seem to be able to get any distance from it in the same system and retain that lock.
The inconsistency police informs me we should expect scripted targets to behave like manual targets when 1.75 is ready! ;)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

KAKS WAIT!!!!

Can you leave the current 'buggy' behavior as an option somehow? It was something I had asked for previously since I instantly lost out-of-range targets when assigning them via the debug console. If script-assigning a target that is truly out-of-range will allow you to hold the target, I can step forward with a project that I've had on hold....
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
KAKS WAIT!!!!

Can you leave the current 'buggy' behavior as an option somehow? It was something I had asked for previously since I instantly lost out-of-range targets when assigning them via the debug console. If script-assigning a target that is truly out-of-range will allow you to hold the target, I can step forward with a project that I've had on hold....
But you can always store a target in a variable when using the console:

Code: Select all

this.t = PS.target
That way you can still reference to ship properties when out of range. Getting a target lock for a distant object by just assigning a target is already fixed long ago. (I just verified)
But it still can happen. I had it a few months back. No idea what caused it. Haven't seen it since.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Ah, yes: IIRC CC's project needs the target reticle to show on screen.

I'll see what we can do! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)