Powerful Ships

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Yes, along with the crazy sizes, the Anaconda's 'Tardis' hold and all the other quirks that make the game what it is. :lol: When? Hopefully not in my lifetime. Don't forget this is a game, not a sim or attempt to create a 'real' future. It's not perfect, but what is. Learn to accept the game as it is and you'll be just fine.
As an aside, ToughGuysdoes give both the Alternate (but not Pirate) Cobra Mk III, and the Python Blackdog (but not the standard version) a 0.9 chance of having injectors, meaning nearly all of them will have these.
The main effect of this, of course, is that they're more likely to run away, meaning that you spend a lot of time and fuel chasing them, or lose a potential kill. There are two sides to every story.
:D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Darkbee
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Darkbee »

Smivs wrote:
... The main effect of this, of course, is that they're more likely to run away, meaning that you spend a lot of time and fuel chasing them, or lose a potential kill. There are two sides to every story.
:D
Exactly, which is why I think they should be banned for everybody! Everybody, except me that is. :D
Darkbee
Oolite: A grOovy Kind of Love
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Smivs wrote:
As an aside, ToughGuysdoes give both the Alternate (but not Pirate) Cobra Mk III, and the Python Blackdog (but not the standard version) a 0.9 chance of having injectors, meaning nearly all of them will have these.
And my mod gives them all at least a low chance of having injectors. A few ships which can't hyperspace jump will never get injectors (Mambas, Sidewinders, Transports, etc...)