An interesting planet to visit?

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Darkbee
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Darkbee »

Ganelon wrote:
Ans since the most temperate and stable climate would be on the edge between dark and light, "night and day" for them would be a matter of travel rather than a cyclic event.
Commuting to go to work is one thing but I draw the line at commuting to go to bed! It's like living in freakin' Alaska! :shock:

I bet the dark side of the planet is like a hedonistic, Las-Vegas-meets-The-Big-Apple, gambling, bright lights, dance orgy. While the light side is Wisteria Lane meets Stepford meets Klopek Alien Burb life.
Gliese 581g is famed for its paradoxical contrast between hoopy nightlife and boring day jobs. The difference between the two is like night and day!
Last edited by Darkbee on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkbee
Oolite: A grOovy Kind of Love
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Is it just a coincidence that "Gliese" is an anagram of "Giles"? :shock: With an extra "e", but even still ...
Darkbee
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Darkbee »

Disembodied wrote:
Is it just a coincidence that "Gliese" is an anagram of "Giles"? :shock: With an extra "e", but even still ...
e-Giles, your handy ship's computer.
Darkbee
Oolite: A grOovy Kind of Love
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Proof, if further proof were needed, that we are all living in a vast simulation created by an uploaded posthuman version of the Master and Commander ...
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

In sydney they discovered this year the existence of a chlorophyll variant that adsorbs in the infrared region. And Gliese 581 being a red star it must radiate relative much infrared and little visible light.

So no green planet Gliese 581g, but trees with a whole new color scheme, invisible for the naked, human eye. :lol:
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Interesting article… the numbers seem to be getting better, as regards the existence of earth-sized exo-planets.

I had to chuckle at the comments... the guy going-on about the Drake equation...
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!