Return of the "shoot yourself" bug in a new guise?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

I'll try to pass on a few more details.

The bug only affects auto-targeting with TAP, you have to be engaged with 5 or more bogies and taking a lot of fire, and when it happens the affect is persistent, lasting until you quit and restart.

It doesn't affect manual targeting at all; if a player didn't use TAP he'd never notice this bug. Even with TAP malfunctioning because of the bug, you can still manual target and whack your enemies.

Nor is the player in danger of lasering/flak blasting himself into pressing space. Weapons behave normally, and you can't actually shoot yourself.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
caracal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by caracal »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
The bug only affects auto-targeting with TAP, you have to be engaged with 5 or more bogies and taking a lot of fire, and when it happens the affect is persistent, lasting until you quit and restart.

It doesn't affect manual targeting at all; if a player didn't use TAP he'd never notice this bug. Even with TAP malfunctioning because of the bug, you can still manual target and whack your enemies.

Nor is the player in danger of lasering/flak blasting himself into pressing space. Weapons behave normally, and you can't actually shoot yourself.
I've seen it now too, under exactly the conditions you describe. Took me a while to recognize what was happening; I change targets frequently during a dogfight, and early on was not used to TAP picking up targets for me. I had to move to a different ship before I realized that there really was not a Python ET Special in practically every large group of pirates. :lol:
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Sounds like we have a test-bed scenario now, so hopefully this rather annoying bug can be squashed...