What a bizarre glitch!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

myst.RAVEN wrote:
Ah, thanks Eric, I will take a look, then. What I still find strange is the fact that an extended cargo bay was actually added to my ship (it's listed in the manifest), even though a Cobra Mk III does not start with one.
You are not alone. I'm currently working on a secret project (Ooooooh?) which has involved hacking a save-game, and I've had the same problem, namely a Cargo Bay Extension suddenly appearing from nowhere. It wasn't there to start with, and indeed the ship in question doesn't even have one as an option.
Although it shows on the manifest, the save file doesn't even seem to show one when it is present as far as I can see.
Can anyone explain this?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Smivs wrote:
You are not alone. I'm currently working on a secret project (Ooooooh?) which has involved hacking a save-game, and I've had the same problem, namely a Cargo Bay Extension suddenly appearing from nowhere. It wasn't there to start with, and indeed the ship in question doesn't even have one as an option.
Although it shows on the manifest, the save file doesn't even seem to show one when it is present as far as I can see.
Can anyone explain this?
Eric explained a couple of posts ealier. The savegame carries a max_cargo property. When you change ship by hacking the savefile, a max_cargo higher than the new ship's cargo capacity will make Oolite think that a cargo bay is installed. Oolite does not expect aribitrary editing of savefiles.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

another_commander wrote:
Smivs wrote:
Can anyone explain this?
Eric explained a couple of posts ealier. The savegame carries a max_cargo property. When you change ship by hacking the savefile, a max_cargo higher than the new ship's cargo capacity will make Oolite think that a cargo bay is installed. Oolite does not expect aribitrary editing of savefiles.
Doh! Oh yes, I've just checked and my current (working) version has the correct max_cargo, whereas the previous ones didn't. Why don't I pay more attention to what I'm doing :oops: :roll:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.