Cloak & Dagger Mission

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Do not use generic terms like isStealthy for custom ship properties. I will go out of my way to break it out of pure spite. Use a namespacing prefix and all will be well.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Ahruman wrote:
Do not use generic terms like isStealthy for custom ship properties. I will go out of my way to break it out of pure spite. Use a namespacing prefix and all will be well.
Never figured you to be someone with a malicious ill will prompting an urge to hurt or humiliate. ;-)

Code: Select all

ship.CandCShipStealth = yes;
then

Cheers Frame..
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Might I suggest a perhaps simpler way, to give the ship a secondary role of stealthShip (or something similar) and then use that to tag such ships?

That way you're not tying things into a particular OXP plus it's much easier to code for people less experienced in scripting (and even some who are more experienced) who may not be too comfortable with own properties?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Thargoid wrote:
Might I suggest a perhaps simpler way, to give the ship a secondary role of stealthShip (or something similar) and then use that to tag such ships?
Namespacing is required for custom roles, too. :-)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK, how about "OXP_stealthShip" then? So it's definitively non-trunk but not tied to any specific OXP?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And because I liked the concept - here's an OXP ;) Built around (and to demo) the new trunk functionality that a_c mentioned, so needs 1.74.

Doesn't include the Cougar, as that's Frame's to play with. But the stealth functionality works well.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Oops, minor bug in the OXP (!= that should have been an ==, set for testing purposes and forgot to flip back).

Corrected version available at same url above.