Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Release: Auto-Chaff System

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

JazHaz wrote:

Code: Select all

[plist.parse.foundation.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/BoaClipper.oxp/Config/shipyard.plist as a property list using Foundation. Retrying using homebrew parser. WARNING: the homebrew parser is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
failed to parse as valid XML matching DTD
    [plist.homebrew.success]: Successfully interpreted property list... for now.
[plist.parse.foundation.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/BoaClipper.oxp/Config/demoships.plist as a property list using Foundation. Retrying using homebrew parser. WARNING: the homebrew parser is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
Parse failed at line 1 (char 2) - unexpected character (wanted '>')
  [plist.homebrew.parseWarning]: ----- Bad property list: root level element <array> is not <plist> or directive.
  [plist.homebrew.parseError]: ***** Property list parser error: could not find a <plist> element.
[plist.parse.foundation.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/nuke.oxp/Config/equipment.plist as a property list using Foundation. Retrying using homebrew parser. WARNING: the homebrew parser is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
failed to parse as valid XML matching DTD
  [plist.homebrew.success]: Successfully interpreted property list... for now.

[debugTCP.disconnect]: Debug console disconnected with message Lost connection to remote debug console. outStream status: 7, inStream status: 7. Stream error: The operation completed successfully.

[debugTCP.disconnect]: Debug console disconnected with message Lost connection to remote debug console. outStream status: 0, inStream status: 0. Stream error: unknown error.
[debugTCP.connect.failed]: Failed to connect to debug console at 127.0.0.1:8563.
Just to make you aware that you've also got problems in BoaClipper.oxp and nuke.oxp. In all cases a syntactically incorrect plist is the culprit.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

LOL! Don't believe this! :lol:

Found another bug in ACS!!!!

Removed the old chaff dispenser by editting my save file. Bought the Missile Analyser, and the ACS unit, and upon hyperspacing to my next planet, got the following message:

ACS - System ready, null packages loaded.

EDIT: can report that it works nicely, though! Just attacked a pirate Python, who launched a nuke at me and the ACS detected it and launched chaff fine, plus ECMs going when the other ship launched normal missiles at me.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

That's odd. I'm using the fixed ACS in my Oolite install, and it's working as expected.

:idea: Did you try starting Oolite with the shift key down, after installing the fixed oxp?
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
That's odd. I'm using the fixed ACS in my Oolite install, and it's working as expected.

:idea: Did you try starting Oolite with the shift key down, after installing the fixed oxp?
I think I did, but not sure now (it was a few hours ago). Just to be safe I just started a new session with shift held down. Took the following screenshot.

Should the package count be -1, (I used one chaff shot in the last session)? I would assume that it should read 24 (assuming you start with 25)?

JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The question may be have you actually initialised the missionVariable at startup to zero if it doesn't already exist?

Your mv may already exist through testing etc (they are persistent in save game files remember), whereas for a brand new commander who hasn't used ACS before it may be undefined.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Thargoid wrote:
The question may be have you actually initialised the missionVariable at startup to zero if it doesn't already exist?

Your mv may already exist through testing etc (they are persistent in save game files remember), whereas for a brand new commander who hasn't used ACS before it may be undefined.
I believe I did, thusly.

this.startUp =  function() {
	if(player.ship.hasEquipment("EQ_ACS")) {
	this.acsCount = 25;
	}
}
I've been trying to reproduce Jas' latest glitch at my end, yet it continues to work as expected. I'm going to guess that his problem will clear up when he buys a reload. Buying a reload resets the counter variables to 25.

I'd like to know if anyone else has encountered this glitch, or any other, with this thing.
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
I've been trying to reproduce Jas' latest glitch at my end, yet it continues to work as expected. I'm going to guess that his problem will clear up when he buys a reload. Buying a reload resets the counter variables to 25.
This has prompted me to check out the mission variables in my save.

<key>mission_acsCount</key>
	<string>-2</string>
Going to manually edit it to 23.

PS: I'm Jaz, not Jas! :wink: (actually not true, I'm James :lol: )
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
I believe I did, thusly.

this.startUp =  function() {
	if(player.ship.hasEquipment("EQ_ACS")) {
	this.acsCount = 25;
	}
}

I'd like to know if anyone else has encountered this glitch, or any other, with this thing.
Yes but in your script you have:

this.acsCount = missionVariables.acsCount; // required to prevent "auto refill" after save/quit/load/launch 
Under this.shipLaunchedFromStation and this.shipExitedWitchspace. So at script start-up you set this.acsCount to 25, but if the missionVariable isn't defined, as soon as you launch or jump then that 25 gets overwritten with null, as reported. If you add the following line to this.startUp it should cure it:

if(!missionVariables.acsCount)
{
missionVariables.acsCount = 25;
}
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

:D Great! Looks like Thargoid has sorted it again! :)

I love it when bug reports result in an improved OXP! :)
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Sorry, me again! :twisted:

Why is the ACS listed on the F5 Missions screen?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Ok, more fixing, and hopefully I squashed the "null packages loaded" bug paper flat and very, very dead. Bugs usually wind up that way after a persistent beating with a large mallet. :twisted:
Jaz, Thargy, thanks for the bughunting assist.
Updated file at the same link.

The ACS displays a handy ammo counter on the inventory screen, Jaz. That's why the mention. I said so in the readme.
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Note to self: steal Cmdr Wyvern’s mallet.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Ahruman wrote:
Note to self: steal Cmdr Wyvern’s mallet.
Perhaps he would lend it to you, if you ask politely? :D :wink:
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Ok, more fixing, and hopefully I squashed the "null packages loaded" bug paper flat and very, very dead. Bugs usually wind up that way after a persistent beating with a large mallet. :twisted:
Jaz, Thargy, thanks for the bughunting assist.
Updated file at the same link..
Hmmmm! Have you definately uploaded the correct version? I ask because I am still getting the null packages message upon launching/hyperspacing. :o And yes I reloaded Oolite with Shift held down!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

What the..? Damn!
Yeah, I'm sure it's the right version. I extracted the script from the zip and read the parts I changed, just to be sure. Re-uploaded it as well.

I tested it using a cloned save, that had the ACS props surgically removed from the savefile, then loaded up and the ACS bought fresh. I was getting the null packages bug with that, which let me trace the source of the bug a little easier. I kept on hacking the script, grafting in Thargy's fixes, and testing till I laid that pest to rest.
...Or so I thought.

I rigged the script to forcefully reset the counters to 25 when the ACS or a reload is bought, and set the counters to 0 when the ACS is sold.
Try selling and re-buying the ACS, or buying a reload, and see if that makes the null bug go away.
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC