More details in this thread.

Waiting for things to go quiet...

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

In that log... is Oolite looking for a Viper player? Que?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

El Viejo wrote:
Yeah this bit:

Code: Select all

[shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "griff_normalmapped_viper_player" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring. 
Weird!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Oolite coped very nicely - the only thing I was disappointed about was that none of the nice ships showed up in the brief time I had.
See, now that's why you have your own ship set to a Griff_Cobby or something, so you can switch to an external view for a quick shot.. :lol:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

El Viejo wrote:
the first few tests of the normal mapped griff viper oxp had a player flyable version in it, it made it easier to test the ship by flying it around and looking at it using the external camera views, at some point it looks like i might have put out a version of the oxp with the player viper not completely removed from the shipdata.plist, which DH downloaded, the current version of the oxp won't have this bug (it'll probably have lots of new ones :D )
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Griff wrote:
El Viejo wrote:
the first few tests of the normal mapped griff viper oxp had a player flyable version in it, it made it easier to test the ship by flying it around and looking at it using the external camera views, at some point it looks like i might have put out a version of the oxp with the player viper not completely removed from the shipdata.plist, which DH downloaded, the current version of the oxp won't have this bug (it'll probably have lots of new ones :D )
If I recall, I think DH also uses the individual ship oxp's, rather than the all-in-one pack. Do you update all of those as well, when you find a bug, Griff?
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Griff wrote:
El Viejo wrote:
If I recall, I think DH also uses the individual ship oxp's, rather than the all-in-one pack. Do you update all of those as well, when you find a bug, Griff?
I'd already downloaded most of the individual ships when the pack came out so I've stuck with that - however once the pack is finalised - I'll switch.

I'm still waiting for everybody to say how impressed they are that Oolite copes very well with such a large (but still 4:3 ratio) screen res... :roll:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Diziet Sma wrote:
i try to yes, but not always successfully! i get easily confused about what files to copy where and what to overwrite between the individual oxps and the all-in-1 - it doesn't help that my oolite workstuff folder is a giant collection of folders & files all called 'THIS', or 'THISNEWER', 'THISHJDHKD' and variations thereof :lol:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

:shock: You need a system, sir.. :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah.. very impressed, DH! 8) :D