HUD BackGround Images (opaque), Brackets

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Cool feature, AC. Except for one small niggle - if the HUD is disabled while docked, then it becomes a challenge to load out your pylons, not being able to read the loadout display.

Code: Select all

this.guiScreenChanged = function(to, from)
{
	if (player.ship.docked)
	{
		if (from == "GUI_SCREEN_EQUIP_SHIP" && player.ship.hudHidden == false)
		{
			player.ship.hudHidden = true;
		}
		if (to == "GUI_SCREEN_EQUIP_SHIP" && player.ship.hudHidden == true)
		{
			player.ship.hudHidden = false;
		}
	}
}
This will switch on the HUD whenever the equip ship screen is displayed, so that you can see and monitor your pylons' status and will switch it off whenever you leave said screen. If this solution is not deemed sufficient, then the next best thing I can come up with is "tough" :-)
JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JeffBTX »

My Gosh... even better.
Sword, thy name is Cobra. And Cobra has fangs!
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Awesome, AC. :) 8) Have a cold ale, on my tab.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JeffBTX »

This is actually a suggestion; but connected to the current flow of this thread. IF it's "worthy" and the admins think it appropriate, please split it off, or the DEVS can simply make a note of it and leave it where it is.

So here is a thought... for future version(s), because 1.74 has to get released sometime.
:lol:

In some space sims one can "turn off the cockpit" by pressing a character.

The strongest example of this; one of my favorite DOS games was "Tie Fighter Wars" (except that it was scripted and not freeform)... when you pressed a character (a period '.' I just looked it up, I still have this game in the original box), the cockpit (and all instruments) were toggled ON/OFF. OFF = a completely clear screen. Laser and missiles still worked, though you didn't have a crosshair... you couldn't see damage or threat instruments, so you had to be careful... fighting this way took practice. There were times when this was convenient (I used it sometimes when fighting A-Wings, because they were fast and very agile, hard to hit).

Maybe something LIKE this can be done... regardless of whether you are in-space, or docked; pressing a certain character toggles the HUD.

Or toggles between HUD displays and "commercial" displays (I refered to another thread earlier... someone suggested HUD display, and "commercial" display for doing business in a station. A "business interface").
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

JeffBTX wrote:
This is actually a suggestion; but connected to the current flow of this thread. IF it's "worthy" and the admins think it appropriate, please split it off, or the DEVS can simply make a note of it and leave it where it is.

So here is a thought... for future version(s), because 1.74 has to get released sometime.
:lol:

In some space sims one can "turn off the cockpit" by pressing a character.

The strongest example of this; one of my favorite DOS games was "Tie Fighter Wars" (except that it was scripted and not freeform)... when you pressed a character (a period '.' I just looked it up, I still have this game in the original box), the cockpit (and all instruments) were toggled ON/OFF. OFF = a completely clear screen. Laser and missiles still worked, though you didn't have a crosshair... you couldn't see damage or threat instruments, so you had to be careful... fighting this way took practice. There were times when this was convenient (I used it sometimes when fighting A-Wings, because they were fast and very agile, hard to hit).

Maybe something LIKE this can be done... regardless of whether you are in-space, or docked; pressing a certain character toggles the HUD.

Or toggles between HUD displays and "commercial" displays (I refered to another thread earlier... someone suggested HUD display, and "commercial" display for doing business in a station. A "business interface").
'p' to pause game, 'o' to turn off HUD, 'p' to unpause game.

'p' to pause game, 'n' to turn HUD on, 'p' to unpause game.

:wink:

How do you think A_C makes those lovely HUD free screen grabs of Griff's (usually) work...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

What DaddyHoggy said, I just wanted to add that in 1.74 the key will be "O" for both on and off, so that the same key toggles the hud while paused.

Also note that in 1.73.4, this works only in-flight. For 1.74, we have ability to pause also while docked, but for some reason the manual hud toggle does not work in stations at the moment. May need to look at it a bit more.

Edit: Works also while in-station as of SVN3004.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Well I reckon you should be able to have a different HUD for the view you are using.

ie, one with different instruments when you look out the side view or rear view...!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JeffBTX »

Thanks for the info and clarifications; much appreciated.

JazHaz: My RIGHT VIEW would just show a big coffee holder. (A BIG coffee holder).
allikat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by allikat »

JeffBTX wrote:
Thanks for the info and clarifications; much appreciated.

JazHaz: My RIGHT VIEW would just show a big coffee holder. (A BIG coffee holder).
I want that HUD! Capt Monty likes her coffee!
Commander Monty, a Python Class Cruiser driver :D
Iron assed bulk haulers for the win!

Of the two trumbles which escaped today from Lave station, only 473 have been located....