Fugitive battleship?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Edmund
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Edmund »

Hey, yes he did and I've replaced the shipdata.plist in the megaships oxp with his excellent update. So far it seems to be working as I've not seen another megaship! only been 10 jumps or so though. Cheers Cmdr McLane 8)

Yay Electron Elite! Demonstrated the inherent brilliantness of the basic gameplay. I was thinking the cut down version was all black and white, had a limited ship set, no mining lasers and one galaxy, no missions. I couldn't remember wether there were military lasers or not, oh yeah and no suns!
Still played it until the computer packed up though :D

Loving my Cobra since 1985
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Welcome to the forums Wildstar - and yes - the possibilities are indeed, seemingly endless! :wink:
used to play elite on c=64 now playing Oolite on ubuntu
Yeh, me too! (with Elite+ and Frontier on the Amiga, and Elite in MS-DOS on the PC, and then Frontier on the PC and then Elite:TNK and then finally, right here in this Ooniverse - playing Oolite under Ubuntu and XP and Vista and moving my saved game around on a memory stick!) :)
hey thats cool. since u r on ubuntu as well if u r using this alot could u possibly collaborate with me to figure some errors out in the logs?

i started out by dumping all the oxp's in the addons folder (after making such folder) using 1.73.4 i am starting oolite with shift down and using default ship just launch attack some ships while jumping to another place and either quite or force quit game if froze/crashed and checking the logs and removing all suspected oxp's (putting them in a folder named bugged out of the oolites oxp search path) and repeating process.
i rename the log files like (crashed after jump.log) and sometimes editing (making notes inside the log files) as to what other things other than removing suspected oxp such as (renamed texture file all caps etc)

my log files are ranging from 20-75k each depending on length of play. 2 minutes is about 50k.

i am suspecting that some files just need some minor tweaks and it is difficult to say for sure if any one if any of the oxp's r causing the errors. however i can say before i added any oxp's i played for a good 30 minutes without any crashes.

i have 3 gigs ram and nvidia 7950 / 512mb hi speed gpu and the oolite crashes around 900meg memory use (something i been noticing)

i have still yet to figure out how to skip all oxp's while runing oolite. all i know is to hold shift down to have cache freshened up.

i also would like to force oolite into a super verbose error logging mode if possible as some of the errors in the log are not specific as to what is causing the problems.

ok well my profile has my yahoo and icq id's

thanks

wildstar
Image B4 = Elite on c64 & now = Oolite1.73.4repositories UBUNTU OpenGL2.1.2 NVIDIA180.44 & vertex shaders eVGA GeForce7950GT512 P4-3.2mhz/3gb
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

wildstar wrote:
i started out by dumping all the oxp's in the addons folder (after making such folder) using 1.73.4 i am starting oolite with shift down and using default ship just launch attack some ships while jumping to another place and either quite or force quit game if froze/crashed and checking the logs and removing all suspected oxp's (putting them in a folder named bugged out of the oolites oxp search path) and repeating process.
i rename the log files like (crashed after jump.log) and sometimes editing (making notes inside the log files) as to what other things other than removing suspected oxp such as (renamed texture file all caps etc)

my log files are ranging from 20-75k each depending on length of play. 2 minutes is about 50k.
I think it would be a preferred idea starting with an empty AddOns folder and adding one by one the OXPs, then checking for errors in the log. If you see errors popping up after installing a particular OXP, you know that it is that OXP that has a problem and you can remove it.
i also would like to force oolite into a super verbose error logging mode if possible as some of the errors in the log are not specific as to what is causing the problems.
Open logcontrol.plist. You will see at the top a commented line:

Code: Select all

// _override			= yes;
Uncomment this line and restart Oolite. This will produce an extremely verbose log (watch out, it gets REALLY big very fast).
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

another_commander wrote:
wildstar wrote:
Open logcontrol.plist. You will see at the top a commented line:

Code: Select all

// _override			= yes;
Uncomment this line and restart Oolite. This will produce an extremely verbose log (watch out, it gets REALLY big very fast).
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Image B4 = Elite on c64 & now = Oolite1.73.4repositories UBUNTU OpenGL2.1.2 NVIDIA180.44 & vertex shaders eVGA GeForce7950GT512 P4-3.2mhz/3gb
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Nijik wrote:
Welcome aboard Edmund, nice to see a fellow Acorn Electron Elite veteran, reckon we're few and far between, I remember often setting the tape load running and popping back downstairs for my dinner!
Well I used to play the BBC disc version back in the day. Didn't have a BBC at home so I used to play at school!

Still got a 5 1/4" floppy with it somewhere.... 8)
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!