1.73.2252 + Behemoth + landing clearance - problem?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Post by zevans »

Eric Walch wrote:
Are the problem ships hanging completely still?
No, I don't think it's a return of the performFaceDestination bug. Instead they are moving a short distance and facing the station correctly... then a while later moving another short distance and facing the station... but not making any real progess to the docking corridor, just kinda circling the station.
zevans wrote:
Also, some Behemoths still won't let me dock - they turn away. The AI scripts looks right in that they ought to be IDLE once docking clearance is requested... is there something else the script has to do to turn off collision avoidance?
That is a problem with docking clearance. It grants permission to dock, but does not put the ship in docking mode. Only a start with the docking computer itself will send a message to the ships AI to stop.
shift-L should also stop carriers and when the time-slot has passed send a signal to carry on. But that is for 1.74. Maybe should also change that the docking computer can force any carrier to halt, even when it is a target carrier.
[/quote]

OK that explanation makes sense, known problems I can live with! Thanks.
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Post by zevans »

Eric Walch wrote:
Are the problem ships hanging completely still?
No, I don't think it's a return of the performFaceDestination bug. Instead they are moving a short distance and facing the station correctly... then a while later moving another short distance and facing the station... but not making any real progess to the docking corridor, just kinda circling the station.
zevans wrote:
Also, some Behemoths still won't let me dock - they turn away. The AI scripts looks right in that they ought to be IDLE once docking clearance is requested... is there something else the script has to do to turn off collision avoidance?
That is a problem with docking clearance. It grants permission to dock, but does not put the ship in docking mode. Only a start with the docking computer itself will send a message to the ships AI to stop.
shift-L should also stop carriers and when the time-slot has passed send a signal to carry on. But that is for 1.74. Maybe should also change that the docking computer can force any carrier to halt, even when it is a target carrier.
OK that explanation makes sense, known problems I can live with!
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

zevans wrote:
The only thing that might explain this is that the ship constant misses the DESIRED_RANGE_ACHIEVED message because it passed the target area between two updates. It could happen in low fps situations when the ship is flying to fast. Could you confirm that it happens mainly with low fps counts?
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

zevans wrote:
Fixed now for 1.74. Behemoths now stop when pressing shift-L. (and docking clearance is required) Time starts running immediately, the ship gives no extra time for it's own stopping. But in my tests the remaining time when stopped was still enough. And you can always request an extended docking time.
When the docking slot times out, the behemoth (or other carriers) will resume there flight.
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by zevans »

Eric Walch wrote:
The only thing that might explain this is that the ship constant misses the DESIRED_RANGE_ACHIEVED message because it passed the target area between two updates. It could happen in low fps situations when the ship is flying to fast. Could you confirm that it happens mainly with low fps counts?
No, I can't. :-) It does happen MORE if you accelerate time, and I can see how that would cause what you describe, but it was also happening in realtime at 20-30 fps.