Another OXP Question

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

stanley1100 wrote:
So, I reinstall Oolite to anywhere but program files, move my savefiles and addons over. (Do I leave them renamed?)
Oh yeah, and then hold shift whilst it's loading. *phew* Glad I got that over :)
For me it was really bad: I had changed some plist files and thus had different versions of them in the program files and the virtual store - argh!

However, even drivers can suffer from that trouble, like the razer driver for my previous mouse. The result was different mouse speeds during login and afterwards.

Screet
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Screet wrote:
stanley1100 wrote:
So, I reinstall Oolite to anywhere but program files, move my savefiles and addons over. (Do I leave them renamed?)
Oh yeah, and then hold shift whilst it's loading. *phew* Glad I got that over :)
For me it was really bad: I had changed some plist files and thus had different versions of them in the program files and the virtual store - argh!

However, even drivers can suffer from that trouble, like the razer driver for my previous mouse. The result was different mouse speeds during login and afterwards.

Screet
And M$ see this as a good thing? I'll stick with dual boot XPSP3 and Ubuntu!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here