Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Boa Class or Python Class cruiser

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Zanasj
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Zanasj »

govert wrote:
DOES the PCC have access to all equipment?

The RS datasheet says it does, but the wiki http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Python_Class_Cruiser says it lacks shield boosters.
I just bought PCC. I had initially downloaded the non-shader version for some reason, but I switched it to the shader version. There was no trouble, and now I've got a scoop cam! The main reason for this was that the non-shader version didn't seem to have any custom views defined. (Is the game supposed to use some default custom views, if there aren't any for a given ship?)

I have both shield boosters and military shields now, so at least the shader version can get them both.

I like this rig. As for playing with keyboard, it's true that the controls aren't too sensitive, when dogfighting small ships or trying to snipe, but it's good enough. Though I only accidentally launched an energy bomb near a starbase while hunting for a lone fugitive, cos Q is yaw left for me, and tab is still energy bomb :)
Outer Space Anchovies Against Global Warming
_ds_
Deadly
Deadly

Post by _ds_ »

Zanasj wrote:
As for playing with keyboard, it's true that the controls aren't too sensitive, when dogfighting small ships or trying to snipe, but it's good enough. Though I only accidentally launched an energy bomb near a starbase while hunting for a lone fugitive, cos Q is yaw left for me, and tab is still energy bomb :)
I have the yaw keys set as K and L, which is convenient on an Acorn-style layout.
http://tartarus.org/~ds/oolite/patches, Buzzer OXP etc.