Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

So Sick And Tired Off......

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

I got a new laptop a couple of weeks ago with Vista pre-installed and had the same problem. Very annoying when it double clicked on delete! :evil: . Turned out that the default mouse settings were "helpfully" set to "tapping" ! Quite why anybody would want the mouse to double click by itself is beyond me, but could that be your problem rather than the rodent itself?
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I tip my hat in admiration to anybody who can speak/write more than one language. I have tried and failed to learn many languages - English brains are lazy brains - our school system leaves it too late - only the talented and/or dedicated learn more than one language - I am neither.

This board is full of people I admire greatly - writing complex English phrases with almost no grammatical mistakes or mistakes so trifling that they're not even worth a mention.

In England - although we have normal Warranty rights our statutory rights can sometimes be more effective - I took a video recorder back to Tesco because, after 18 months, it stopped recording - although it was out of warranty they changed it (I had the receipt) because UK law states the very vague term "reasonable" when it comes to how long something should work for and I thought 18 months was unreasonable and on this occasion Tesco agreed!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Frame wrote:
Tale of Woe
You kow I was expecting something along the lines of 'and we both found out we played Oolite, so he shunted me tons of cool stuff.', but that would be a bit far-fetched for the Rant Thread. To be honest, the UK£2.00 mouse I bought from ASDA [colonials read: Wal-Mart] hasn't really messd me around for over a year now.

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I once foolishly bought a micro-mouse from "Poundland" - it turned out to be, in fact, a random mouse pointer mover - the track on the screen in no way resembled my hand movements :lol: However, Poundlands SD card reader/USB stick things work really well as do their SIM copiers...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Real Socialdad
Average
Average

How big is yours ...... ?

Post by Real Socialdad »

My Acer died a few months ago - and I had a few weeks of NO COMPUTER, NO INTERNET, NO BBC iPLAYER, NO FANTASY FOOTBALL NO EMAIL etc etc

So I bought a new one.........

I was seconds - literally seconds, away from a iMAC - in PC world I had spent nearly 40 mins wandering around comparing specs etc, called the spotty oik over and said

"Right - decided - one of those Mac thingies please ......" and off he went - only to come back ten mins later with "Out of Stock - we can order it..."

No - that was it - "Give me one of those instead ......"

This is it :

System Model KZ695AA-ABU a6557.uk
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor, 2200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

with a TERABIT of storage - thats 1000 GIG !

I've put everything on it now - and I still have 788Gb free !
Probably got 3000 songs and 2000 pics plus a WHOLE OONIVERSE and its still han't touched the sides ...........

oh yeah - and VISTA

(still undecided........)
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: How big is yours ...... ?

Post by FSOneblin »

Real Socialdad wrote:

oh yeah - and VISTA
Vista... wow, I'm really sorry to hear that... Maybe... someone here could direct you to linux...

FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"