Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Griff_Krait.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Gareth3377
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Gareth3377 »

Thanks LB. Finally contributed something (small) to this community. Hurrah! Don't feel so much like a spare part now (albiet a Krait spare part that is).
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

I've uploaded an update for the oxp, Eric sent me a very cool script that stops the Kraits from using their fuel injectors once the relevant subentity has been shot from their hull!

I've just replaced the old version with the new one on my box.net account so the download link in the first post of this thread and the links on the wiki are still correct.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Funnily enough, the idea of implementing destructible equipment this way occurred to me just a few days ago, only using player.ship.removeEquipment(). I guess we need a notification when equipment is disabled, too, so the relevant subentity can be explode()d. :-)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And maybe change testForEquipment from boolean to be able to indicate broken as well as present or not? (probably via a string or something).

Also how about being able to sell equipment as well as buying it, for the poor cash-strapped Commander Jameson?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Thargoid wrote:
And maybe change testForEquipment from boolean to be able to indicate broken as well as present or not? (probably via a string or something).
It’s not entirely intuitive, but you should be able to do tests like if (player.ship.hasEquipment("EQ_FUEL_INJECTION_DAMAGED")).
Last edited by JensAyton on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Thank you, will give that a look. Useful if I think so far undocumented...
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Nice as these ships are rumoured to be, I have yet to see one in action. For some reason these ships crash my computer.

Recently, Oolite has been randomly crashing, and as it does so, it takes my computer all the way back to the log-in screen.

It took me a while to pinpoint it to this ship, as I've recently been on a oxp binge and added a bunch of the stuff to the Ooniverse. But then I realised that I'd never seen one of these in action. So I ran the test script that spawns a bunch of them outside the station on launch, and sure enough, as soon as I turn to face one of these ships to bring it into view, Oolite shuts down my session.

Sometimes, the game'll hiccup before it completely crashes, with the frame rate dropping to about 4 fps. If I'm quick, and can get off an energy bomb and blast all nearby ships, the fps returns to 29 (which is normal for me) and I can continue to play.

I was originally running the fixed_shader_krait(EW).oxp version, but I've also tried it with the griff_krait_v1.1.oxp version as well and the same thing happened.

I used to have a similar problem with the shady black monks oxp, but that went away when I used the other black monks version (which gave me some other interesting but unwanted effects, which I found other people had experienced when I searched previous threads, but I couldn't be bothered to apply the fixes and simply removed the oxp, since I never used them and they were only in there for variety anyway).

There are no abnormalities in the log file, either, which is why it took a bit of trial and error to guess which was the troublesome oxp...
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Frargles!

It's just happened again, and I'd removed the griff krait oxps... This could be tricker than I thought...
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Some of Griff’s ships are heavy on the shaders, which may account for the low fps… do you have his shipset oxp installed? Are you using on-board graphics? It might be a good idea to post the log from that crash… someone may spot something.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

I'm not sure how much help this'll be, but here we go:

Code: Select all

[log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.74.2 (x86-32 test release) under Linux at 2010-10-20 17:34:12 +0000.
2 processors detected.
Oolite options: procedural planet textures, docking clearance, wormhole scanner, target incoming missiles, spoken messages, JavaScript console support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

[joystickHandler.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
[display.mode.list.native]: X11 native resolution detected: 1440 x 900
[dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
[searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted Mode - Resources paths:
    /usr/lib/Oolite/oolite.app/Resources
    AddOns
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Snoopers2.0.6.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Debug.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/tori.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_E.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_C.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Superhubv1.2.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/wolfmk2.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Lave Academy 1.20.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Dictators v1.4.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/diamondback.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/System_Redux.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Commies.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Lave.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/werewolf.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Rock_Hermit_Locator1.3.2.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/PAGroove_Stations_v1.2.2.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/captKev_dodo.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Anarchies2.3.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/MilHUD-v3.4.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Deep Horizons - Lights Down.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/isisinterstellar.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_A.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Griff_Debris_sets135_no_normal_map.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/spyhunter 1.1.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/military Fiasco 2.5.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/gwxstations.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/longway 1.1.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/buoyRepair1.02.6.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/black_baron.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/wolfwoods_variants.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/BlOomberg Markets v2.2.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Taranis 1.2.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Tianve1.3.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/reduxed.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/supercobra 1.4.2.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Diso.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Saleza v2.2.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_D.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/Welcome Mat 1.10.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_F.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/AsteroidStorm 4.0.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_B.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/behemoth 2.5.4.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/globestation2.0.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/tgy_dev.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/neocaduceus.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/griff_shipset_dizzy's_all_in_1.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/DeepspaceShip.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/griff_prototype_boa.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/PlanetFall 1.30.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/RandomHits1.4.5.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/FTZ v0.15.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/The Feudal States v1.9.2.oxp
    ~/.Oolite/AddOns/vamp3a.oxp
[rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 Mesa 7.7.1")
Vendor: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 965GM GEM 20091221 2009Q4 x86/MMX/SSE2
[rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (117):
GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_texture, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_INGR_blend_func_separate, GL_ARB_shading_language_120, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_blend_logic_op, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_copy_texture, GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1, GL_MESA_window_pos, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays, GL_OES_read_format, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_polygon_offset, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays, GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_subtexture, GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_EXT_cull_vertex, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_MESA_pack_invert, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap
[rendering.opengl.gpuSpecific]: Matched GPU configuration "Intel GMA 900/950 family".
[rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
[rendering.opengl.shader.mode]: Shader mode set to SHADERS_SIMPLE.
[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
[script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 39 world scripts:
    Anarchies 2.3
    AsteroidStorm 4.00
    behemoth 2.5.4
    blackbaron 1.74
    buoyRepair 1.02.6
    Caduceus Damage Control Node 2.0
    communist_population 2.11
    dictators.js 1.0
    feudal-challenge.js 5.0
    feudal-mission.js 3.0
    feudal-planetfall.js 2.0
    feudal-promotion.js 3.0
    feudal-ranks.js 2.0
    feudal-tournament.js 5.0
    free-trade-zone
    GalNavy Build 0139
    genericHUDswitch.js 1.01, modified by Wyvern
    hofd GalNavy Build 118 / HOFD Build 55
    LaveAcademy 1.2
    long_way_round
    military_fiasco 2.5
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.74.2
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.74.2
    oolite-nova 1.74.2
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.74.2
    oolite-tianve 1.3
    oolite-trumbles 1.74.2
    PAGroove_superhubPopulator 1.1
    Pi-Forty-Two Con stores 4.1.4
    PlanetFall 1.3
    Random_Hits 1.4.5
    rockHermit_Locator 1.3.3
    saleza.js 1.0
    SE-main-script 2.2
    snoopers 2.0.6
    spy_hunter
    System Redux 1.2 1.2
    taranis_one
    Welcome Information Script 1.1
[debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'Connection refused' (outStream status: 7, inStream status: 7)."
[debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'unknown error.' (outStream status: 0, inStream status: 0)."
[debugTCP.connect.failed]: Failed to connect to debug console at address 127.0.0.1:8563.
[loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
[script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 39 world scripts:
    Anarchies 2.3
    AsteroidStorm 4.00
    behemoth 2.5.4
    blackbaron 1.74
    buoyRepair 1.02.6
    Caduceus Damage Control Node 2.0
    communist_population 2.11
    dictators.js 1.0
    feudal-challenge.js 5.0
    feudal-mission.js 3.0
    feudal-planetfall.js 2.0
    feudal-promotion.js 3.0
    feudal-ranks.js 2.0
    feudal-tournament.js 5.0
    free-trade-zone
    GalNavy Build 0139
    genericHUDswitch.js 1.01, modified by Wyvern
    hofd GalNavy Build 118 / HOFD Build 55
    LaveAcademy 1.2
    long_way_round
    military_fiasco 2.5
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.74.2
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.74.2
    oolite-nova 1.74.2
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.74.2
    oolite-tianve 1.3
    oolite-trumbles 1.74.2
    PAGroove_superhubPopulator 1.1
    Pi-Forty-Two Con stores 4.1.4
    PlanetFall 1.3
    Random_Hits 1.4.5
    rockHermit_Locator 1.3.3
    saleza.js 1.0
    SE-main-script 2.2
    snoopers 2.0.6
    spy_hunter
    System Redux 1.2 1.2
    taranis_one
    Welcome Information Script 1.1
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (<unidentified script>): The event handler shipDestroyedTarget has been renamed to shipTargetDestroyed. The script Anarchies must be updated. The old form will not be supported in future versions of Oolite.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       (null), line 0.

Closing log at 2010-10-20 17:49:20 +0000.
I've been using the griff_shipset for a while now, along with Deepspace and the standard Oolite ships, with no problems. I've also had a good few battles with some Griff Boa's, also without a glitch...

As you can see, there aren't any error messages showing which would explain it...
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

El Viejo wrote:
Some of Griff’s ships are heavy on the shaders, which may account for the low fps… do you have his shipset oxp installed?
Well, on that basis, I've removed the Griffs' Boa, Krait and Explosion Debris, which are the Griff things I've recently added. I left the main Griff shipset, since I've had that installed for a while with no trouble. And Oolite seems to be working fine - I've just been playing for about 2.5 to 3 hours, and have successfully jumped out of Galaxy 1, into Galaxy 2, and completed the Constrictor mission.

At some point, I'll sit down and do a thorough test to see what the problem is. For now, I'm having fun zooming around the Ooniverse again!

It occurs to me that I've not yet seen this explosion debris in action either... As I understand things, the Griff shipset doesn't replace the standard Oolite ships, it supplements them. And I'm using the non-override version of Deepspace. I see normal, Griff and Deepspace in the shipyards, but I don't think I see normal in space. (I may be wrong - it can be hard to tell what skin a ship's got when one blows it up from a distance!) And the explosion debris seems to attach itself to the standard set? Maybe my problem's in there...

Anyways, thanks for the tip, and when I have time, I'll try to get to the bottom of this and see what's causing this. It may, as you say, just be a shader thing, if some of the sets use too many, as my computer can only give me Shader Mode Simple...
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

oo good detective work Mauiby de Fug, i'll bet it's the debris oxp, i don't remember going back to that one to sort out the shaders it uses after the fixes for the missing textures on ATI cards were discovered, i suspect it's probably got really out of date weird shaders in it
sorry i haven't been logging in on the boards much recently, my computer has broken itself in a mysterious way, it refuses to boot if i keep my graphics card in its PCI-express slot, i can't tell if it's a graphics card, a power supply or motherboard issue, i've stuffed an ancient PCI graphics card into it for the moment with about half a bit of memory on it so i can at least get a picture and surf the net as long as i don't go and do something drastic like try to scroll the page
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

So, I've been using the test script provided in the krait oxps (the one below), and can definitely confirm that running either of the two krait versions causes the crash I described earlier to happen. This is without using the boas and the debris oxps.

I'm quite happy to test the boas and the debris oxps as well, but I've been trying to customise the script and can't get it to work.

What should I be replacing "griffkrait" with in "this.role"?

Code: Select all

// Configuration -- customize here 
this.role = "griffkrait"; 
this.count = 3; 

// Standard attributes 
this.name           = "Spawn-" + this.role; 
this.author         = "Jens Ayton"; 
this.copyright      = "This script is hereby placed in the public domain."; 
this.version        = "1.0.1"; 
this.description    = "Script to make several ships of a given role appear at the witchpoint after every jump." 

this.shipWillLaunchFromStation = function() 
{ 
    system.legacy_addSystemShips(this.role, this.count, 1.0); 
    log("testscript.spawn", "Generated " + this.count + " " + this.role + " for testing purposes."); 
} 
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Mauiby can you check through the shipdata.plist in your griff_krait oxp for anything along the lines of initialiseTurret if i remember correctly a copy & paste error meant that some versions of the griff_krait oxp came out with this line in the shipdata.plist causing some of the laser gun subentites not to rotate with their parent model and other weirdness - might be causing your slowdowns?
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

There be absolutely nothing about turrets in either of the shipdata.plist file for the two krait oxps that I have....